We are looking for the industry's finest Sous Chef to deliver a best-in-class dining experience. You will be a passionate & highly committed chef.
- Introducing Society
- Australia's most anticipated restaurant opening
- June 2021 Start
Opening mid-2021, Society is Australia’s most anticipated restaurant opening. A creative partnership between Chris Lucas and acclaimed chef Martin Benn will see the launch of Society as a united vision for a dynamic restaurant with local sensibilities and international confidence.
Grand yet intimate, Society has 180-degree views over Collins and Exhibitions Streets encompassing distinctly dining experiences – the Society dining room, customised private dining, the Lillian Terrace and a luxurious lounge bar with each space remaining independent in menu offerings.
Situated at the centre of a globally recognised destination for fashion, the arts and commerce, combining international appeal with a distinctly Melbourne identity, the historic 80 Collins building will usher in a new era for LUCAS Restaurants.
About LUCAS Restaurants:
Home to Australia’s most beloved and acclaimed restaurants, including Chin Chin Melbourne and Sydney, GoGo Bar, Kisumé, Hawker Hall and Baby. Australian in our approach and unbound by dining traditions, creating venues and experiences to be shared with others.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for the industry’s finest Sous Chef to join our opening team to deliver a best-in-class dining experience. Assist the Head Chef with the day-to-day operations of the kitchen, utilising your skills & experience. You will be a passionate Sous Chef and a highly committed hospitality professional.
The Ideal Candidate Must Have:
- Demonstrated experience as a Sous Chef in premium restaurant
- Display exemplary leadership and passion for global cuisine trends
- Effective management and communication of diverse team
- Experience in managing and maintaining food safety program including documentation
- Rostering and ordering experience
- Monitor and supervise OH&S standards and procedure
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Genuine interest in the day to day operations
- Understanding of financial budgets, food and labour costs is advantageous
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding time management during preparation and service periods
- Calm and composed demeanour
- Full availability, able and willing to work weekends, public holidays, opening and closing shifts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Qualification in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
People are at the core of our success. LUCAS Restaurants is home to a culture that goes beyond our workplace. We exist to see our team succeed. Ongoing training, continuous development, and opportunities for growth; these are the elements we focus on providing each and every individual in our ever-growing team. Hospitality from the heart and respect for all defines our guiding values - we call it LUCAS Hospitality.
If you are looking to be part of a team that redefines Australia’s dining experiences, we want to hear from you.
Click “Apply” and submit your current CV and cover letter.
For more information visit https://www.lucas.online/80-collins
LUCAS Restaurants is a company that values its people.
We offer competitive salaries, free crew meals, generous discounts in our venues and development opportunities to support and grow your hospitality career.
Let LUCAS Restaurants be your next career move www.lucas.online