Exciting role in a leading consultancy - working with great people, on great projects!
Fluvial Geomorphologist – Tauranga
What is important to you in your career?Working with truly inspirational people who are brilliant at what they do?Making a real impact in the company in which you work, the community and New Zealand as a whole?
If both these points resonate with you, then this is the company you want to be a part of!
Our client, an Environmental and Engineering Consultancy, is highly renowned in their industry for their technical excellence, exciting project involvement and energetic people who want to build a diverse and enduring career in a progressive, New Zealand owned company. They are looking for a Fluvial Geomorphologist who will join a strong team of ecologists and water resource engineers. You will be given the professional freedom and independence to run your own projects under the guidance and support of some of the best in the country.
You will be involved in the following activities:
- A range of scientific and ecological services and applications in a variety of fluvial ecosystems
- Assessments of Environmental Effects (AEE) on large multi-disciplinary projects
- Development and implementation of Ecological Management Plans for a range of ecosystem types and associated species
- Ecology related regulatory policy and integrated scientific, engineering and ecological services
- Sustainable development (conservation, ecosystem services, biodiversity, urban development, agricultural intensification) initiatives and operations at a regional and national and international levels, e.g. climate change adaptation reports for nations in the South Pacific
- Science innovation for improved resource management, e.g. inputs into guidelines and policy surrounding biodiversity offsets.
- MSc degree in Ecology
- 3+ years professional work experience in a regulatory, research and / or consulting environment
For a confidential discussion or to find out more information, please get in touch today, firstname.lastname@example.org