An excellent opportunity to play an integral role in the growth and development of health services in Far North Queensland.
- Permanent role
- One of Australia's largest providers of health services
- Manage the development and delivery of WH&S education programs
A Little Bit About Your New Employer
This is a sought after opportunity to join one of Australia’s largest providers of health services who are focused on maximising the potential for wellness by creating seamless patient journeys, embracing cultural diversity, collaborating and connecting with communities and agencies, enhancing the capacity and capability of the workforce and maximising the use of technology.
Your Exciting, New Role
Based in Cairns, you will be responsible to lead the delivery of effective, professional and specialised work place health and safety and training services with the aim of enhancing organisational performance.
The Skills You Bring
To be considered for this role, you will require a proven ability in demonstrating the following key capabilities, knowledge and experience:
- A formal qualification in work health and safety and certification with the Safety Institute of Australia would be highly regarded;
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting and applying work health and safety legislation, principles and practices at an organisational level in a large complex organisation;
- Highly developed skills and knowledge in contemporary work health and safety, including risk management, with demonstrated record of effective application of these in a large, client focused, diverse and complex work place;
- Demonstrated experience in planning and corporate performance management capability including the ability to analyse, interpret and report data and design a program of work to improve performance;
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, evidenced by demonstrated success in systems implementation, complex network and team leadership, across multi-disciplinary environments with sustainable professional relationships;
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial capability, including the ability to manage a high performing team and to ensure resources are optimally allocated to meet defined goals;
- Demonstrated organisational and project management skills and experience including proven ability to manage and deliver work health and safety services to achieve results within a customer focused approach, ensuring delivery of complex initiatives and projects are on time and within allocated resources;
- Provide expert authoritative advice and recommendations to relevant senior and line management on a wide range of issues relating to work health and safety service delivery, operational work health and safety issues, policy, legislation and training;
- Demonstrated experience in instilling a strong culture of performance, client service and continuous improvement;
- Provide internal coaching, mentoring and supervision to safety and well-being team members to ensure a client-focused quality service;
- Monitor, analyse and provide statistical reports safety reports and trend data, audit and compliance processes, as part of overall work health and safety performance reporting;
- Contribute to the identification, development and implementation of innovative work health and safety, focused on current and emerging work health and safety issues and trends;
- Manage the development and delivery of work health and safety education programs which support management and staff.
What’s In It For You!
With a rewarding hourly rate on offer, this is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role in the growth and development of health services in far north Queensland.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 909269/BD