Fantastic development opp with rosters and emergency shifts. Comprehensive orientation/induction program & not for profit salary packaging options
- Work life balance, work close to home
- Rostered shifts and career development opportunities
- Competitive salary with tax benefits
Direct Care Worker - Ballan, Clunes & Daylesford
If you have a genuine passion to work with the aged or with adults and children with disabilities and like to work independently, then this is the role for you. Responsibilities include providing domestic cleaning and support, shopping and transport of clients, respite and personal care.
To apply for this role it is essential you possess the following:
- Certificate III in Aged Care/Individual Support, Home and Community Care, Community Services, Disability or transcript of results showing completion of first year nursing studies;
- A caring and reliable attitude;
- First Aid Level 2 Certificate;
- Current driver's licence and registered vehicle.
- Experience in community based care;
- Experience working with people with disabilities;
- Current WWC Card and interest in working with children with complex needs.
- Current Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check or willingness to apply for an NDIS check
mecwacare is a leading not-for-profit organisation with a reputation for excellence. We have provided care to the Victorian community since 1959, offering residential aged care, home care packages, respite care, in-home support, community housing, community programs, disability and nursing services. We provide optimal choice for people of all ages, irrespective of financial, religious, cultural or lifestyle background.
mecwacare cares for more than 16,500 people each week across greater Melbourne and regional Victoria through a highly-integrated service network operated by more than 2,000 employees and 500 volunteers. Our staff are culturally and linguistically diverse, representing 89 nationalities and speaking 98 languages. Our organisation believes in responding to the changing needs of the community and actively encourages and supports continuous improvement, innovation and safe service delivery.
mecwacare offers opportunities for professional development, with an ongoing learning culture and generous salary packaging options. If you are passionate about supporting best practice and consumer focused outcomes through staff engagement and skills development and wish to benefit from our generous salary packaging options, please contact us. All successful applicants will need to have and/or undergo a successful Police Check.
If you are looking for flexible working hours, are driven to provide high quality care and wish to benefit from our generous salary packaging options, please apply now!
Enquiries to Olita Curren Dsouza on 03 8573 4813