Exciting new role for a Senior Clinician to support and develop clinical excellence within our Residential and Home Nursing services
- New Growth Opportunity
- Attractive Remuneration with NFP Packaging benefits
- Leadership Role
Manager Clinical Supervision
- Full Time Position: 3-Year Contract
- Attractive remuneration package
- Working across mecwacare Facilities and services
The Manager – Clinical Supervision is responsible for overseeing targeted clinical practice improvement in response to the trends and issues emerging across all mecwacare clinical services. Focussing on the continuous improvement of process and practice as a wholistic approach to clinical performance, this role works directly with clinical and unit managers to develop their capacity to improve daily practice and implement best practice interventions to clinical care across the Residential and Home and Community Care programs.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Manager - Clinical Supervision is independent of the broader organizational Learning and Development Program overseeing the provision of safe and high quality clinical care and services in accordance with regulatory requirements, best practice guidelines and mecwacare polices and procedure. Working closely with the General Manager Residential Services, Facility Managers, Clinical/Care Managers, Unit Managers, the role is hands-on, identifying and evaluating targeted clinical practice improvement and informing the trends and emerging issues for Learning and Development focus across the organisation.
This is a key leadership role dedicated to achieving standards of excellence in clinical care across mecwacare.
To be successful within this position you will possess:
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Registered Nurse
- Knowledge and understanding of Aged Care Legislation and Commonwealth Outcome Standards
- Extensive experience in clinical management providing quality clinical outcomes
- A passion for and commitment to achieving quality outcomes for clients and residents.
- Highly developed leadership, management and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to guide, support and lead staff
- Strong working knowledge of continuous improvement
- Results driven and initiative to drive system/process improvements;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office Suite
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and attend to multiple tasks
mecwacare is a leading not-for-profit organisation with a reputation for excellence. We have provided care to the Victorian community since 1959, offering residential aged care, home care packages, respite care, in-home support, community housing, community programs, disability and nursing services. We provide optimal choice for people of all ages, irrespective of financial, religious, cultural or lifestyle background.
mecwacare cares for more than 15,600 people each week across greater Melbourne and regional Victoria through a highly-integrated service network operated by more than 1,700 employees and 450 volunteers. Our staff are culturally and linguistically diverse, representing 89 nationalities and speaking 98 languages. Our organisation believes in responding to the changing needs of the community and actively encourages and supports continuous improvement, innovation and safe service delivery.
mecwacare offers opportunities for professional development, with an ongoing learning culture and supportive team environment. Benefit from our generous salary packaging options. All successful applicants will need to have and/or undergo a successful Police Check.
All enquires to Susan Camilleri, General Manager People and Culture 03 5873 4814