Opportunity for a skilled Commercial Litigator to take the next step in their career in a premium boutique CBD firm headed up by ex-top tier lawyers
- Career Progression - be promoted & remunerated per experience & output
- Team environment - go to lunches, dinners & after-work drinks together
- Varied caseload with sophisticated clients - liquidators, builders, lenders etc
A small to medium-sized premium boutique firm based in the Sydney CBD with a multidisciplinary practice, targeting Commercial and Corporate Law, Property and Construction, Personal Injury, and Family and Wills and Estates.
The firm has operated for about 10 years and continues to grow organically.
The firm's partners are ex-top tier lawyers so any successful candidate who is less experienced can expect to be invested in and mentored by excellent lawyers. The partners' pedigree has attracted a wide range of sophisticated clients, ranging from, trustees and liquidators, to builders and developers, franchisees and mortgagees, and lenders, among others.
The firm's benefits include a collegiate work atmosphere and maintaining a healthy team environment so any successful candidate will be expected to be able to mesh seamlessly with the existing work culture.
A solid Commercial Litigator is required to join the team as soon as possible. The successful applicant will be expected to be able to hit the ground running with regard to a range of Commercial litigation matters, ranging from contractual breaches, to tenancy disputes, to debt recovery, and others.
While the firm does have paralegals who are able to provide support, the ideal applicant will be someone who is very hands-on with their work and who is willing and able to run their matters from top to bottom.
The firm is also open to receiving applications from junior litigators who are very well-rounded and are capable of running a matter from end-to-end, including those who have several years of pre-admission experience as a litigation paralegal.
The firm takes its employees very seriously and is committed to investing in them as and when needed so it is imperative that the successful applicant be someone who is intending to set down roots in their next role, long-term.
- 4 - 8 years PAE working exclusively in Commercial Litigation in a premium Sydney-based firm
- Broad experience across Commercial Litigation matters and direct client liaison experience
- Prior experience working in a premium boutique firm or small team, and willing to work in a boutique firm in her/his next role
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clear plain English communication skills
- Salary of $100,000 - $175,000 plus super, subject to experience and skill level as assessed by the firm
- Conveniently located offices in the CBD close to public transport, law courts, and shops and eateries
- Non-corporate, boutique work atmosphere - no office politics
- Work/life balance: work reasonable standard hours, subject to deadlines; in particular, the firm is understanding if you have family commitments
- Strong team mentality: the firm is big on preserving strong team morale, with team lunches, dinners and after-work drinks
- No billing targets
- Healthy pipeline of work
- Work with sophisticated clients
- Access to a caseload that is varied and dynamic
DOES THIS ROLE SOUND LIKE YOU?
If YES, please forward your detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion please call Ellie on 0468 842 406.
If NO, please visit our website to peruse more opportunities: gorillajobs.com.au.