Southpaws Specialty Surgery for Animals is looking for a full-time surgical vet nurse to join their team.
Due to continued growth in our new state of the art hospital, Southpaws Specialty Surgery for Animals is seeking an experienced and qualified surgical veterinary nurse to join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Southpaws nursing staff rotate through Surgery, ICU / Critical Care and Ward Nursing job functions and so nursing staff get to experience all of these disciplines, adding greatly to staff development and job satisfaction.
The successful candidates will work 4 x 10 hour days per week with one rostered day off per week. Nurses will be required to work weekends on a rotating roster, most likely 1 in 4 or less. However, on these weekends, we offer generous penalty rates.
We are Australia's premier veterinary hospital for surgery, medical oncology and internal medicine for dogs and cats. Our clinic is a well-equipped, purpose-built referral hospital in Moorabbin and we have constructed a brand new hospital facility with the latest equipment and capabilities. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of patient care. We are not a primary access emergency centre so you get to focus on patient care without disruption and this also means that our nursing positions are not rotated through night work.
We offer a great team environment with flexible benefits for our staff. We value team players with a can-do attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Assist with medical and surgical cases
- Provide excellent and compassionate customer service to our clients
- Maintenance of paperless patient charts and records and discharge reports
- Perform blood collection, lab work, instruments cleaning and IV catheterisation
- Patient management, feeding, toileting, bathing and care
- Assist surgeons in theatre
- Monitor anaesthesia during surgery and recovery
Your Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of surgical nursing experience inc. anaesthesia monitoring, in theatre.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills.
- Minimum Certificate IV or equivalent.
- Exceptional customer service and strong communication skills.
- Highly motivated, strong work ethic, mature and responsible.
Please apply online or contact our VetPartners Careers Team on 1800 VET JOB.
Applications must include a cover letter and CV. Please note that due to the high number of applicants we can only contact candidates that are chosen for an interview.