Great opportunity for an ECC Veterinarian or Specialist, to join Sydney Veterinary and Emergency Specialists and lead the Emergency team.
The emergency and critical care service receive internal and external case referrals, as well as numerous primary accession patients.
This role would involve both professional and organisational aspects, with the focus on the maintenance and improvement of the operation, practices, and teamwork of the section. It would suit a thoughtful, team-oriented yet ambitious veterinarian with clinical experience in emergency and critical care. To achieve this, prior management or clinical leadership experience would be essential.
The position frequently demands experienced and considerate problem-solving. There is a requirement for initiative and independent work as well as interest and ability to cooperate, in a balanced way, with both clinical and managerial teams. Although the role relates primarily to the veterinary team, it operates in conjunction with the hospital Nursing Manager and an understanding, and respect for, the importance of integration with nursing and other staff teams within the hospital is critical.
The role includes:
- Maintenance, review and development of operational practices and efficiencies involving clinical, reporting and communication, charging and strategic aspects.
- Human resource-related activities such as staff recruitment, rostering, review and remuneration, and performance management in cooperation with other administrative staff.
- Monitoring and reviewing of clinical case management
- Ad hoc participation in the clinical roster as necessary to support the veterinary team, although this participation is intended to be supportive rather than being a primary responsibility.
- Act as a primary contact for internal and external enquiries or feedback relating to the ECC Section and in doing so, respond to and address matters arising from this communication.
- A veterinary degree registrable in NSW.
- Membership (or ideally Fellowship) of the Australian & New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists in Emergency & Critical Care, or equivalent international body.
- At least 3+ years prior experience working within a 24hr emergency & critical care service.
- A proven history leading a team of veterinarians in a senior vet or management role.
- Competence with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Generous remuneration and paid leave entitlements (conference & holiday), commensurate with experience.
- The excitement and challenges that come with our interesting and varied hospital caseload.
- Opportunities for continuing professional development.
- Relocation assistance and potential for visa sponsorship for international candidates.
- A friendly and welcoming team of like-minded professionals. We are a supportive family-run clinic, with an emphasis on achieving the best patient outcomes.
- A workplace community that promotes employee wellbeing, satisfaction, and retention.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP), providing free and confidential counselling on issues of work, money, family, health, and everything in between.