We are seeking a hands on Financial Accountant for a multi-site, high volume operation role with exposure to Australia and New Zealand territories.
- Macquarie Park based location.
- Multisite and high volume role.
- Build solid working relationships with key Stakeholders.
VetPartners is a fast-growing Veterinary group operating over 250 hospitals and businesses in Australia, New Zealand ad Singapore. Our “Join Us, Stay You” philosophy ensures each of our clinics retains their unique culture.
Join VetPartners support team and provide shared services support to the VetPartners network. This role is suited to an enthusiastic, diligent and committed professional who will provide end-to-end Financial Accounting support across the VetPartners Group.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for the management, preparation and reporting of accounting and financial data for VetPartners Group. Reporting into the Finance Manager they will provide expertise in the key areas of financial accountability, while also supporting general accounting. With exceptional customer service skills, this role will have the opportunity to lead process improvement initiatives within the team. The ideal candidate will flourish in working in a high-volume environment where multi-tasking and prioritizing is important.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General accounting including monitoring accounts payable, accounts receivable, accounting for prepayments and accruals.
- Monthly reporting and maintenance of AASB 16 Lease Accounting.
- Prepare various tax returns on a monthly basis (BAS, FBT)
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheets accounts and ensure variances are brought to the attention of Finance Manager and maintenance of general ledger.
- Preparation and review of a set of monthly clinic P&L’s
- Monthly reconciliations and reporting on Vendor & Wholesaler rebates
- Facilitating the year-end audit processes
- Ensuring compliance with internal financial policies, and procedures, controls and systems
- 5+ years' experience in a similar multi-site, high volume operation role with exposure to Australia and New Zealand territories
- CA / CPA Qualification
- High level of Excel skills
- Previous experience in a dynamic, fast pace environment, with proven ability to meet tight timeframes.
- Solid communication skills, a can-do attitude and high attention to detail
- High level of computer literacy and a good knowledge of contemporary information and communication technologies.
- A Team Player who gels in a team environment at the same time work independently.
- Sound time management skills, incorporating the capacity to prioritise and organise workloads to meet deadlines in an environment of change and conflicting demands
- High attention to detail and accurate reconciliation skills are essential.
- Demonstrated capacity to be innovative.
Derek Del Simone
A note to recruitment agencies:
We are not accepting candidates from recruitment agencies. We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. We have a PSA list and will resort to our panel if required.