ACCOUNT MANAGER – SOUTH EAST ASIA SALES MANAGEMENT
- Actively promote the Scholle IPN range of products and services and equipment throughout the bag-in-the-box industry.
- Assist in maintaining Scholle IPN’s current level of business and market share
- Develop new business opportunities competitors and concepts within a designated area.
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships
- Sales Manager – ASEAN
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment: preferably within the packaging and plastics industries.
- Sound product knowledge and general understanding of the company’s operations and policies.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain good relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Possess the ability to report back, and act upon, factual market information.
- Competent in problem-solving and to be able to absorb technical information
Technical Competencies Professional Competencies
Commercial Acumen Communicating Effectively
Customer Management Display Technical Expertise
Executing a Commercial Plan Managing Time
Prospecting Resolving Conflict
SPIN Tools Solving Complex Problems
- Must be willing to travel on a regular basis, and occasionally at very short notice.
- Must present oneself to both the customers and company staff in a well-groomed professional manner.
Position specific duties:
- Develop and maintain new business within a designated Sales Territory, to include recognising new opportunities and applications for Scholle IPN’s products and services.
- Represent their customers, and their views, via verbal and written Sales Call Reports, to ensure full understanding of the customer’s requirements of Scholle IPN’s offerings.
- Build on, and maintain, the good relationships we have with key customers.
- Represent customers and their views, through internal communication methods, to ensure full understanding of the customer's requirements within Scholle IPN
- Plan and organise own work schedule
- Prepare briefings and presentations when necessary
- Provide ‘bag-in-box’ expertise to prospective customers regarding bag-in-box compatibility, suitable material and fitment combination and appropriate filling methods.
- Work in conjunction with the Technical Service Team to ensure customer satisfaction on a commercial and technical level, and that adequate sales and technical service is provided.
- Ensure that all customers in their Sales Territory are adhering to Scholle IPN terms and conditions of sale and take the appropriate action if otherwise.
- Provide feedback to Market Managers on the market trends and sales forecasts.
- Ensure that the correct up-to-date pricing is applied and advise Accounts staff of any changes.
- Promote standardisation of Product Specifications where possible.
- Provide a monthly report to the Sales Manager on the previous month’s activities.
- Negotiate and discuss any changes to the pricing of our products with the customers.
- Discuss any company driven modifications and improvements to our products with our customers and carry out the negotiations required to promote the changes.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the customer during the design of new products or the change of the design of any existing product and initiate, organise and follow up any in-house or field trials.
- Resolve product quality issues at the customers’ premises and report all non-conformances.
- Follow up and report on all major quality issues: ensuring the customer is kept up to date on our investigations and act as a co-ordinator between Scholle IPN and the customer.
- Monitor and report on competitor activity on a regular basis.
- Take sales orders from the customer and ensure that the correct information is passed on to the Customer Service personnel, and provide timely feedback to the customer if, for any reason, the order cannot be fulfilled.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the processes and materials utilised by Scholle IPN for the production of our product, where required.
- Actively collect outstanding moneys owed by our customers beyond the agreed trading terms.
- Minimise company expenses by keeping the company’s interests foremost in mind.
- Ensure that Government legislation, regulations and company policies are met.
- Comply with Scholle and legislative Occupational Health & Safety policies and procedures, report all hazards, and ensure that actions taken do not place self or others at risk of injury.
- Ensure that a commitment to quality, customer satisfaction and safety is demonstrated in one’s attitude and work performance.
- Ensure that all tasks performed are in accordance with framework and intent of the documented Integrated Management System requirements. Responsibilities to the Quality, Safety, Environmental and HACCP requirements will be relative to this position’s key accountabilities.