ELT role; Lead and drive the engineering, operations and customer experience functions. Create a customer first culture and ops best practice...
- Leadership of all engineering, operations and customer experience functions
- Product sets in the Cloud, Managed Services, Networks, Voice, Security domains
- Set ops standards and foster a culture of technical excellence & great outcomes
An exceptional opportunity has become available for an established transformational technology leader to join a leading infrastructure, cloud and networks services organisation embarking on an exciting change journey. Serving on the executive leadership team, the Head of Operations role is responsible for the leadership and accountability of all engineering, operations technical teams and customer experience functions for the business across a broad spectrum of services including Cloud (Public/Private), Networks, Infrastructure, Managed Services, Security, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity. This role is completely focused on transforming the functions of the operational side of the business, creating world class ‘customer first’ experiences for all who engage with the organisation.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this role will lead standard operational process change and will champion a ‘customer first’ strategy, ensuring that all technical delivery teams consistently create world class experiences for their customers. With several direct reports and a large technical team, your people are the engine room of this business which sets it apart from the competition. This role has the remit to build, drive and foster a culture of service delivery ownership and technical excellence in the organisation, setting benchmark service standards and operational performance targets which prioritise customer engagements and a sense of urgency in delivery/response.
As part of the ELT, you will actively contribute to the development of business plans and strategies focusing on all aspects of technical operations, including maximising technical up time & resilience, security and reliability. You’ll work alongside the CTO to ensure all product offerings are able to be built, deployed and supported successfully and you’ll strive to look for continuous improvement opportunities. This may indeed incorporate building in automation where possible and leveraging vendor capabilities. You will also have authority for leading all operational security best practices, acting as the Chief Security Officer for the business.
What you need to be successful:
This role requires a true technology operations leader who is looking for an organisation that they can take to the next level. You need to have the following skills to be considered for this role:
- 5+ years in a Technical Operations leadership role, ideally having previously been part of an equivalent executive level team
- 10+ years practical hands on experience with Network, Security, Data Centre and Cloud technologies
- Deep knowledge in best practice operational management of large scale, mission critical technical infrastructure
- Good understanding of technology security and applying practices to ensure all data and business systems remain secure and protected
- A high level of competence in ITIL frameworks, ITSM best practices and good experience leveraging Service Management platforms to improve efficiencies and customer outcomes.
- Strong change management capabilities, people leadership skills and proven evidence of coaching and talent development
- High level of interpersonal, relationship building and networking skills
- You’ll be technically credible, commercially astute, resilient, have sound financial management skills and outstanding negotiation skills.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, contact Tony Pervan @ Younity on 09 217 3723 or alternatively, to submit your CV, click ‘Apply’ below.