Exciting senior role for an agile professional, managing multiple release streams for a connected workspace (O365) programme.
- Start ASAP
- Initial 6 months
- Wellington central location
Our client is a major government ministry who is looking for an experienced Release Train Engineer (RTE) to join their leadership team for their Connected Workspace programme. This programme is delivering a modern productivity environment for department staff using Microsoft Office 365 and collaboration technologies. The RTE is a hybrid role that balances agile leadership and programme management to help delivery teams build and deliver solutions more efficiently.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience managing complex multi-faceted, multi project IT Programmes,
- Experience in delivering modern productivity programmes using Microsoft Office 365 services,
- Qualifications or experience in Agile Delivery techniques, preferably the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe),
- Highly effective communication skills, including the ability to understand complex technical issues and communicate them to non-technical audiences,
- Strong relationship management skills,
- Significant experience in portfolio and programme governance, IT strategy and planning,
- The ability to develop and lead a team of IT professionals.
In this role you will:
- Drive programme level cadence and programme level ceremonies (e.g. PI Planning, Scrum of Scrums, Programme Increment Retrospectives),
- Work with other programme leaders to drive the definition and refinement of the programme backlog,
- Ensure cross-value stream coordination and collaboration,
- Maintain metrics that provide visibility to stakeholders on programme-level plans, progress and quality,
- Facilitate alignment of dependencies between the programme team and third parties, release managers, or between the teams,
- Foster a team collaborative environment that tears down silos between groups and acts as a single voice,
- Provide leadership, direction, and coaching to staff,
- Actively contribute to the Ministry’s Agile and Lean Community through participation in the internal Agile Community of Practice Develop, coach, and mentor team members to advance their skills and career.
To find out more about this great opportunity, please contact Tom Mullins on (04) 495 7937 or Sri Uday on (04) 495 7931. Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence. Alternatively, please submit your application (CV and cover letter) by hitting the Apply for this Job button above. Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position.