Manager | Sales Engineering and operations | Resources and Heavy Industrial

Crest Personnel Pty Ltd

Manage and lead a team specialising in asset solutions within the resources and heavy industrial sectors.

  • Proactive client development and sales
  • National role with ad-hoc travel - Self manage
  • Day to day guidance of a small technical execution team
The company

You will be working for a privately-owned national engineering design and asset management company across structural/mechanical inspections, asset integrity and expert advice within the resources and heavy industrial sectors.

About the role
Reporting to, and engaging directly with the decisive and accessible senior management team, you are tasked with leading the sales and existing client development function; this will be 70% of your focus. The other 30 % is governance and co-ordination of the engineers.


 Duties & responsibilities
  • Lead existing client development and be proactive in securing new business;
  • Identify, promote and assist in the development of leading-edge asset support service which minimises client asset operating cost, extend life, and/or increase performance.
  • Lead and mentor a team of specialist engineers and technicians to achieve designated team goals;
  • Provide project management support for onsite repairs as required;
Skills and requirements:
  • A drive and passion to grow a business. Willing and able to develop existing clients and create new sales with an emerging brand;
  • A technical understanding of assessment and maintenance of critical large scale structures and mechanical equipment within the resources and/or heavy industrial sectors
  • Have managed a small team of engineers in a similar role;
  • Being a confident person, you will influence, negotiate and engage a varying number of stakeholders.
  • Ideally Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar related qualifications. (time served qualified considered).
  • Ideally be based in Perth, however Eastern states candidates are considered.
You
  • Will have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to succeed in your chosen field - Do not be held back by layers of process.
  • Not precious; this role requires 'all hands on deck' sometimes to achieve clever and practical solutions.
  • Are able to sell and develop opportunities with clients whilst ensuring their best interests are upheld.
  • Want to engage with an incentive scheme that promotes and rewards; 
  • Enjoy the responsibility that flexibility and self-management offers.
  • Want instant decision making from your senior team and be able to draw on their expertise in their field should you require - Full support.
  • Commercially savvy in your approach.
 

This is a confidential position, and all CV submissions will be treated the same. For any initial queries, please contact Paul on 08 92156200 quoting Job title:  Manager of Asset Solutions