Mornington Shire Council, Gulf of Carpentaria, Exp in the mgt. of infrastructure programs. Attractive package including housing, flights & relocation.
- Mornington Shire Council
The region is remarkable and is one of Australia’s most untouched ecotourism destinations and features rich cultural heritage, pristine coastlines and world class fishing. Gununa, the township of Mornington Island is serviced by regular flights, a barge operation from Karumba along with access to essential services.
Council is seeking an effective leader with an understanding of Indigenous Remote Communities to manage the Mechanical Workshop, Contracts and Risk Management, Asset Management, NDRRA, Batch Plant, Fencing and Concrete Operations, Civil Operations, Waste Management, Parks and Gardens, Airport, ACO/EHO and Water and Sewerage.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (Engineering, Management, Strategic Planning etc.).
- Possess a solid understanding of Local Government operations with experience in the management of an infrastructure program and the management of projects and contracts.
- Experience in the interpretation of financial data including the development and management of budgets.
- Ability to interpret and apply the relevant Acts and legislation including WH&S.
- Proven leadership capability with the ability to promote teamwork and develop positive working relationships.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and communicate effectively along with experience in the development of correspondence, submissions and reports.
- Prior experience in working and living in a remote Indigenous Community will be highly regarded.
To be considered for the position with Mornington Shire Council, applicants must address the Selection Criteria, as detailed in the Information Package.
To obtain an Information Package contact:
(07) 5477 5433
(07) 5477 5433
Applications close Monday, 17th August 2020 at 5.00pm