We are currently seeking 3 Veterinary Graduates to join Lort Smith on a 12 month Fixed Term contract commencing this January 2021
- 3 x Graduate positions available
- 12 month full time fixed term contract
- Commencing mid January 2021
If you answered yes, then we’d love to hear from you because we are currently looking for Graduate Veterinarians to join us at Lort Smith - Australia’s largest not-for-profit animal hospital.
This program is specially tailored to suit recent graduates and over the course of 12 months, successful applicants will be gradually introduced to the day-to-day workings of a busy inner city animal hospital.
Lort Smith’s mission is to improve the health and happiness of animals and the people who care for them. We do this via three very important streams of work; in our hospital by providing exceptional veterinary care and preserving the human-animal bond irrespective of a person’s circumstance; in our adoption centre by providing sanctuary, rehabilitation, welfare and a new home for animals; and through our community outreach programs by promoting responsible pet ownership and nurturing the human-animal bond. To learn more about Lort Smith go to: www.lortsmith.com
Applicants must have the following:
- Exceptional animal and client care standards
- Veterinary degree
- Ability to work with fellow team members and build rapport with clients
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- A flexible, friendly and positive attitude
- The successful candidates will be mentored by an experienced veterinarian and over four quarterly blocks, they will be upskilled in all manner of consultations, inpatient care and surgery. The caseload and tasks assigned will be appropriate for the skills of the graduate and progression of responsibilities will be increased hand-in-hand only as the candidate gains experience throughout the year.
- There will be varied and interesting opportunities to provide exceptional veterinary care to animals who would otherwise go without, due to their owners’ financial disadvantage.
- Commitment to your career development through access to continued education programs, skill sharing and regular performance reviews
If you meet the required above criteria, please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking APPLY
Enquiries can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lort Smith is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity. We encourage female and Indigenous applicants to apply.