Work with us at Australia's largest not -for profit-animal hospital.
- Full time positions available (part time considered)
- Not-for-profit sector
- Based in North Melbourne
Lort Smith is Australia’s largest not-for-profit animal hospital with a clear vision to be recognised as the leader in Australia for animal health and wellbeing.
Located in the heart of Melbourne’s hospital and health precinct in North Melbourne, Lort Smith has a significant 80 year history having grown from humble beginnings. Today, Lort Smith reaches the community in three very unique ways; in our Animal Hospital by providing exceptional veterinary care irrespective of client’s personal circumstances; in our Adoption Centre by providing sanctuary, rehabilitation, welfare and new homes to animals in need; and through our Community Outreach programs which focus on nurturing the human-animal bond and responsible pet ownership.
In this role, you will be working in a large team of dedicated nurses and vets in a fast paced environment. Your ability to work collaboratively with fellow team members and build rapport with clients will be second to none. This role involves all aspects of animal care and vet nursing including (but not limited to): medical care of patients, maintaining the overall hygiene of the hospital (including surgical areas and equipment), animal handling, customer service, feeding patients and other duties as required.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Certificate IV Qualifications as a Veterinary Nurse (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 2-3 years' nursing experience in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional animal and client care standards
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- A flexible, friendly and positive attitude
- Ability to work a roster which may involve day, evening, weekend and public holiday shifts