Global FMCG Leader opportunity for a high performing Purchasing and Category Management professional!
- Global FMCG Leader
- E-Commerce & Online Experience Essential
- Adelaide Based Role
A global leader in their specialised fast moving consumer goods field, the company is continuing their impressive growth across Australia and globally. The ongoing success of the business has resulted in the new key leadership position of Purchasing & Category Manager, based in their Head Office in Adelaide.
Managing a high performing team, the role will essentially develop and implement strategies across procurement, product launch planning, and inventory management within their online and offline channels.
- Manage the group buying and category management function across online and offline channels
- Formalise and create structure around the purchasing processes
- Lead the upgrade of the current purchasing system
- Forecasting based on cross-functional discussions, with a focus on sales analyses and new product launches
- Strong collaboration with sales, marketing and local supply chain teams striving to provide accurate category planning strategies
- Negotiate contracts terms and establish and manage vendor relationships
- Negotiating and formalising all pricing
- Manage inventory levels and purchasing cycles
- Budget management
- Ensure the ongoing high performance and morale of the team
- Purchasing or Category Management knowledge and experience across both online and offline channels, ideally in an FMCG background
- E-commerce and online environment background is essential
- Extensive experience in establishing strong supplier relationships, internal and external stakeholder communication with the ability to reach consensus across category strategies, targets and savings commitment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to identify and drive innovative concepts across the group
- Excellent negotiating skills, price analysis and the confidence to give rationale behind your strategy to stakeholders at differing levels