Fast paced kaupapa māori driven birth to death health and social services org. Manage the Family Start and Social Worker in Schools contracts
- Napier based. Work with good humans with big hearts to serve
- Social Worker with the ability to mentor, lead and supervise a small team
- Strong on targets, monitoring performance, planning and organising
About the Organisation
This fast paced Napier based NGO provides kaupapa māori driven, evidenced based, birth to death health and social services. They provide free and mobile services for whānau with a particular focus on tamariki, rangatahi and whānau in Napier and surrounding districts. These services include the Family Start and Social Worker in Schools contracts.
About the role
He tangata he tangata he tangata. This job will have you responsible for day to day contract monitoring and management, quality improvement, team and contractual performance, reporting and stakeholder relationships. But most importantly, it is about people. The impact of your team and the services it delivers has a profound impact on whānau in the community. After many years of service the incumbent is relocating out of the region and leaves behind a small passionate and committed team of Social Workers, Registered Nurses and Teachers for you to lead, coach and provide regular supervision to.
Skills and experience
We are looking for the following:
- A leader of people - You will have experience managing, mentoring, motivating and providing supervision to others.
- As the contract performance will be tracked in real time it is essential you are strong on monitoring, reporting, planning and organising.
- A team player. You won’t be afraid to roll your sleeves up and work in the community alongside your team and across the organisation.
- Ability to build strong relationships within the community and with stakeholders - schools, MSD, NZ Police and Oranga Tamariki
- Committed to working with iwi, whānau, hapu and marae.
- Ideally you will be a Registered Social Worker
- Passion for serving others and a desire to make a difference in the lives of the people you and your team support
- It is essential you hold a Full drivers license.
This fun, non judgemental, people oriented organisation has a culture of relationship and connectedness based on whānau ora and a big heart to serve. You will work with good humans, with good hearts who embrace whānau ora, tikanga and a servant culture of warmth, friendliness and care. You’ll participate in morning karakia, waiata and regular laughs, jokes and food. You will align personally with their values including being respectful, caring for and encouraging others, have huge integrity and a real desire for excellence and innovation.
To discuss this position in more detail please contact Jeanette Rendle at RWR Health on ph 027 705 7079