Newly created role. Will suit a self motivated, ambitious individual committed to community engagement.
- Generous salary packaging benefits (up to $15,900)
- 17.5% Annual leave loading
- Contract (6 months with a possibility of extension), Full time
- Generous tax free salary packaging options (up to $15,900)
- 17.5% Annual leave loading
- Fixed Term (6 months with a possibility of extension) Full time
- Location - Goulburn, may be required to travel within the Capital Region.
- A fun, supportive and hardworking environment where we really do value our people
- Discounted Child Care
Capital Region Community Services(CRCS) provides a wide range of high quality, integrated and inclusive programs and services to individuals, families, children and young people in the Belconnen and wider Capital Region. CRCS works with community members, local organisations and businesses to develop responsive programs, services and activities that support self determination and reduce social isolation. Strong relationships with government and other community services enhance CRCS’s capacity to achieve our vision of an inclusive, connected community.
About the Role
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual who can undertake community development initiatives under the direction of the Community Engagement Coordinator.
You will be responsible for engaging with the Goulburn and surrounding communities to identify new and existing areas of public need, creative connection opportunities, initiatives that promote civic kindness and working with community members to promote, support and grow these initiatives.
This includes sharing information about local kindness initiatives through a variety of platforms to raise awareness and encourage participation.
The key deliverables of this role include:
- Build strong working relationships in the community
- Build Collaborative partners in the Community
- Engage with the community to scope the needs in the area
- Canvas the opportunity for a community facility with Council, Business and the Community
- Participate in community events in the region to ensure that all community members are aware of CRCS’s presence.
- Identify, design and implement a range of initial programs.
- Develop a business model for CRCS’s establishment in Goulburn in conjunction with the Business Development team.
- Source Grant and fundraising opportunities.
Ideally you will have :
- Solid knowledge of Goulburn - the community, demographics, industry and service providers
- Strong links to key Goulburn Community, Business and Local Government Stakeholders and ability to leverage these relationships to ensure success of initiatives and consultation activities
- Strong experience and confidence in public speaking and group facilitation
- Effective at building and maintaining stakeholder relationships and developing sustainable partnerships
- Experience in planning and implementing events, including online events
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work with limited supervision on several projects simultaneously
- Tertiary qualifications in a field relevant to program area, e.g. Community development, Community Studies, Business Development, health promotion or related field.
- Above award wages
- Leadership and training opportunities
- Extensive accredited and non-accredited professional development opportunities
- Discounted child care rates
Please copy and paste this URL into your web browser - https://clientapps.jobadder.com/24007/capital-region-community-services. It will take you to our career page on our website where you can submit your application.
Do you have questions about this role?
If so, please contact Mandy Green at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications emailed to this email address will not be accepted.
Applications Close: 24 January 2021