Join a well-led team of committed professionals who enjoy working collaboratively and continually to improve their teaching practice.
- Independent Anglican secondary co-educational boarding and day-school.
Full time permanent role to start in Term 1, 2021
King’s College is an independent Anglican secondary co-educational boarding and day-school based in Otahuhu, Auckland. The Board, Senior Leadership Team and teachers are fully committed to academic excellence and providing the best all-round education possible to its students. The College provides NCEA and CIE (Cambridge International Examinations) educational pathways.
The successful applicant will be able to teach Technology in both NCEA and CIE at secondary level with a main focus on Architectural Design, Product Design and Design Innovation.
With the College’s focus on an all-round education, all King’s College teachers are expected to participate in two extra-curriculum activities (sports or cultural) and mentoring.
The College has a strong focus on student and teacher well being with broad and active pastoral care initiatives where respect for the College’s student voice is critical.
The successful applicant will:
- Have graphic skills.
- Have CAD skills.
- Have practical skills in metal, wood and plastic.
- Have a tertiary qualification – Bachelors or higher (or equivalent) in area of teaching specialty.
- Have a Teaching Diploma and be a Registered Teacher.
- Be legally allowed to work in New Zealand.
- Have a collaborative and constructive work style.
- Contribute positively to the College’s co-curricular activities and support the special character of the College, especially around pastoral care and our Christian ethics and beliefs.Having experience in working with electronics, ceramics and glass would be an advantage.
The position will be well remunerated, commensurate with the successful applicant's qualifications, skills and experience.
Please apply now.