Work closely with our aged care clients to live the lives of their choice in their own homes and community
- Work for one of Queensland's largest & most trusted community service providers
- Provide support to our aged care clients in a job you'll love
- Shifts available mornings, afternoons and weekends
- Work for one of Queensland’s largest and most trusted community service providers
- Provide caring support to our aged care clients in a job you’ll love every day
- Shifts available mornings, afternoons and weekends throughout the Beaudesert area and parts of Logan (Boonah, Kooralbyn, Tamborine, Jimboomba, Browns Plains, Boronia Heights, Regents Park)
Centacare is the social services arm of the Catholic Church in South East Queensland. As one of Queensland’s largest and most trusted social services providers, we play an important role in many local communities, providing aged care, disability support, family and relationship services and early education and care through Catholic Early EdCare.
With more than 3000 employees working from 200 locations, our people are the heart and soul of our organisation.
As a support worker in our Community Services area, you’ll work closely with aged care clients to help them live the lives they choose in their own homes and local communities. You’ll get to know your clients well, understanding their needs, preferences and aspirations, so you can support them to achieve what’s important to them.
What can Centacare offer you?
- The opportunity to work in a caring, values-based culture
- A comprehensive on-boarding program
- On-going support and training
- A range of salary packaging options
- Ongoing career and personal development
- An employee assistance program
- A passion for people and a genuine interest in listening and responding to the needs of others
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- The physical capability to carry out a range of manual tasks
- Broad shift availability! The more available you are, the more work we can potentially offer you
- personal care and hygiene, domestic duties and medication
- moving around the home, sometimes using mobility equipment
- everyday tasks such as meal preparation, shopping or even budgeting
- attending appointments and getting out and about in the local community
- managing and supporting their complex support needs
What other requirements are there?
- Certificate III Individual Support/Aged Care/Disability
- All support workers must have a current "C" class driver's licence and a roadworthy, registered and insured vehicle
- You will need a Blue Card and NDIS Worker Screening Clearance (or current Yellow Card) to start work
- If successful, you will need to provide a National Criminal History (Police) check
- You will need to complete a First Aid/CPR Certificate before you start
- NDIS Worker Orientation Certificate
- You must be eligible to work in Australia
Please send us your resume including your work experience and a brief cover letter outlining why you think you’ll make a great support worker.
You will be paid in accordance with our Collective Agreement with a pay rate between $23.50 - $25.70/hr or higher depending on your qualifications and experience, plus additional penalty rates for weekends, overnights and public holidays.
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable.