Great opportunity for a motivated individual to join an expanding team & develop skills as a Fire Systems Designer with an industry leading company.
- Specialist Fire Protection Contractor
- Locally Owned & Operated
- Permanent Position
Specialist Fire Protection Contractor
Locally Owned & Operated
They are a national company that employs more than 200 staff over three disciplines - Fire, Hydraulic and Electrical services. They are a dynamic, industry leading company that operates in the expanding engineering and construction industries.
They specialise in the design, installation and servicing of new and existing fire safety systems in residential & commercial buildings across Australia.
They are looking for an ambitious person that is going to enhance the team with their keen interest and/or knowledge in building services and their experience in AutoCAD.
As a Fire Systems Designer you will be responsible for the design and documentation of building fire protection systems from concept through to detailed design, coordinating with electrical, mechanical and hydraulic disciplines to ensure the successful delivery of the fire protection scope.
You will be required to manage your own workload and undertake regular site inspections including liaising with clients and other business professionals.
You will be provided with strong support and mentoring from fellow designers as well as their design manager who you will be reporting to.
You will also be given the opportunity to further improve your skills and knowledge with learning and development courses external to our business.
- Production of engineering drawings for various fire protection systems
- Undertake hydraulic calculations using Hyena software or similar
- Collaborate with clients, architects, consultants and authorities
- Develop and build their interstate design team
Prerequisites & Skills
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Minimum of two years Fire System Design experience
- Proven experience in AutoCAD & Revit MEP
- Have a firm understanding of the fire industry and Australian Standards
- Excel, Word, Outlook and other general computing skills
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- An enthusiastic individual looking to enhance their knowledge
- Be able to work in a team environment to achieve a common goal
- Demonstrate a positive approach to complex situations
- Good work ethic
The Way Forward
So if you're currently looking around or you've been thinking about exploring what options may be available to you then please apply and Craig Andresen will contact you for an informal/confidential discussion.
Rest assured that CSA Recruitment treats all enquiries with the strictest of confidence.
We always welcome conversations with skilled and experienced professionals so please feel free to get in touch and/or recommend us to anyone credible within the industry.