Wanted! A field based merchandiser that is diligent, organised and has a passion for interiors and renovations!
- Merchandising Sales Executive
- Household brand name
- Kitchen, Rennovation & Interiors market
"This is the best job I have ever had"
- Retail & Trade focus
- Fun, motivated, professional people to work with
- Base salary + company car + super + bonus
This is a true employer and brand of choice
What is in it for you?
The company is a powerhouse in the industry; known for high quality products and a door opening brand name. You have modern offices, showrooms and marketing support. All the tools you need to support your sales efforts with excellent resources for sampling, technical literature, brochures and marketing (product placement, social media, online, print etc), CRM and tech support. You are part of a friendly and professional team with one of the best incentive schemes in the industry. The organisation provides scope for career progression and mentoring.
- Visiting client offices and showrooms
- Making sure product samples are available to all those who need it – kitchen showrooms, cabinet makers, retailers, building selection centres etc.
- Provide support information - brochures, point of sale etc to customers.
- Servicing clients with regards new products on offer and updates to the product range
- Proactively checking in with the customers on their need for sales or technical support and feeding that information through to your colleagues
- Taking responsibility for a regular call cycle out in the field and being accountable for your time and activities
- Use of CRM to document customer contact, activities, competitor activities etc.
Keys to success
- A great sense of urgency to deliver for your customers
- Consistency – managing your call cycle and follow up on all promises to customers
- Diligence and persistence – never giving up and always looking for opportunities to increase sales or support your customer
- Listening – listening to what clients what, what they do on the weekend, what is important to them personally and professionally – this will build fully rounded relationships with clients that benefit you, your customer and your employer
Your background and experience
- Previous experience calling on hardware stores, kitchen/shopfitters, plumbing merchants and showrooms, window furnishings, consumer durables/appliances stores (or like industries) in a sales or merchandising role is desirable
- Comfortable dealing with B2B and B2C customers
- A passion for colour, interior design or renovating is a MUST!
- Teamwork and working closely with the rest of the sales team