Based in Lismore, this role will supervise and support ACON's funded counselling and care coordination team in the northern rivers
- ACON is committed to your professional development and engagement
- Located at ACON's colourful, modern and professional offices in Lismore
- Competitive salary and generous salary packaging options are also available
ACON is a fiercely proud community organisation and creates opportunities for people of diverse sexualities and genders, and people living with HIV to live their healthiest lives. They are Australia’s largest LGBTQ health organisation specialising in community health, inclusion and HIV responses for people of diverse sexualities and genders.
ACON are committed to their employee’s professional development and engagement - ensuring they build capabilities with their people who have the right values, attitudes, skills and knowledge. They offer a colourful, nurturing and professional workplace.
Reporting to the Regional Manager – Northern Rivers, this position is responsible for supervision and support of ACON’s funded counselling and care coordination team. You will also support and deliver a fee-for-service counselling program.
Specifically you will:
- Plan, schedule, deliver and evaluate ACON’s counselling services for sexually and gender diverse people and people living with HIV
- Manage a caseload of adult counselling/care coordination clients
- Enhance networks to promote ACON’s services
- Provide regular line supervision and support to a small team
You are an experienced allied health professional who enjoys a mixed caseload and has experience providing line supervision to members of a small multidisciplinary team.
You will also have:
- Tertiary qualifications and registration with the relevant professional body in psychology, social work, occupational therapy or an equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in sexual health, mental health and/or alcohol and other drugs.
- Demonstrated skills in a number of the following short-term solution-focused interventions; Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Solutions Focused Brief Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and Positive Behavioural approaches.
- Understanding of and commitment to ACON’s communities, particularly people living with or affected by HIV.
- Understanding of primary health care and how this position interfaces with GPs, other health services and the client.
If you are passionate about supporting people of diverse sexualities and genders, and people living with HIV to live their healthiest lives, please submit a resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above or contact Lisa Morell on 02 8243 0570 with any specific questions.