Kick start your career as an IT Workshop Trainee | LEC | Griffith | Permanent role
Do you love working with the latest technology? Are you your family's go to IT tech? Do you get a high when you see the smile on their face when you help them solve a problem? If so - then read on...
We’re looking for an IT Workshop Trainee to join our busy team in Griffith. Due to ongoing success and business growth, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a switched-on high school graduate or someone who is looking to kick start a career in IT. This role operates Monday to Friday plus every second Saturday.
The pay range we’re offering is above the standard trainee award rate and you will have the opportunity to work and study to achieve a nationally accredited qualification.
Leading Edge Computers (LEC) Griffith is a well-established, award winning computer store and has been trading in Griffith for over 18 years. With a network of over 130 stores nationwide, LEC represents one of the largest independent IT organisations in Australia.
About the role:
You will be responsible for:
- Logging customer requests and support issues in our service system and providing solutions.
- Performing IT Support on all devices, PCs, Laptops etc including but not limited to:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and accessories.
- Transferring data from old computers to new.
- Performing hardware and software upgrades.
- Data recoveries.
- Virus and malware removal.
- Assisting our team in providing the best support and service to our retail and business customers.
- Taking on more responsibilities over time as you learn and develop your IT skills to become a core member of our support team.
- Learn Learn Learn! - This is an amazing opportunity to get in on the ground floor and learn as much as you can to kick off your IT career. As a trainee you’ll receive the same entitlements as other employees, such as annual leave, sick leave, public holidays and breaks. We will support you to learn, provide practical guidance and supervision, and meet all costs associated with obtaining your qualification
- Variety – Our work takes us to lots of different and interesting places. If you love variety then this job is for you! Some days you will be in the office and others out on site.
- Great tech - We only use awesome leading brand tech. You’ll have the opportunity to learn about a range of network environments; work with the latest IT tools and support technologies; gain further qualifications through vendor training; and advance your career within our team.
- Great staff discounts – we offer our staff a great discount off our retail products.
Ideally you will possess the following:
- An interest and passion for IT
- Knock out problems solving skills
- Great communication skills
- Solid computer skills
- Office application skills
- Be handy with a screwdriver and tools
- A willingness to learn and become a part of our great team.
- You must hold a driver’s license and have Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
Submit your cover letter and resume by 6 November 2020.