An incredible opportunity to help those most in need in a Community based organisation
- Townville location
- Not For Profit organisation
- Rewarding position and salary
About the Client:
Our client is a community-based Not For Profit organization dedicated at seeking justice for those who have suffered an injustice at personal, social and structural levels within society. Services are provided at centres' within Queensland and include the provision of integrated peer support, advocacy, counselling and other support services to those affected.
Our client believes that every child and adult has the right to a home, an income, healthcare, education, safety, dignity and connection with their community of choice. A range of support services are provided to affected individuals.
About the Role:
The North Queensland Regional Manager works within a shared leadership framework in order to strategically develop partnerships and access to services for their clients. The Manager will be responsible for providing an initial response and on-going assistance and support to affected parties or individuals. The Manager will ensure a welcoming and safe environment for those attending the support centres and will work collaboratively with program managers to provide operational support to those seeking assistance accessing the criminal justice system.
Support, Advocacy & Systems
Support, Advocacy & Systems
- Work collaboratively with all support, program and operational teams
- Involve affected parties in having their voices heard and raising community awareness
- Establish and maintain regional partnerships with organisations to improve access to mainstream and specialist services, resources and opportunities in North Queensland communities
- Network and participate in community meetings and events including regional areas.
- Strengthen pathways for healing, justice and truth through community education, raising awareness with professionals and the community
- Manage the North Queensland office and services including HR, finances and brokerage
- Collaborative Planning in strategic and operational areas with support team.
- Provide planned support and coordination, linking to counselling, advocacy and individual support
- Prepare and submit monthly performance, information and data reports demonstrating outcomes
- Provide operational support to program managers
- Understand and comply with the quality system, standards, and requirements of ISO9001 and HSQF
Skill set required (essential):
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working with people who have experienced disadvantage.
- Demonstrated ability to assist people with information gathering, personal record searching or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating complex case work involving individual advocacy and resourcing.
- A commitment to social justice and to work according to the policy, procedures and quality frameworks endorsed by the organisation.
- Relevant experience and or appropriate qualification including certificate, diploma and/or tertiary qualification according to level of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to use effective communication strategies and processes involving well developed interpersonal skills, an ability to advocate effectively, documentation of assessments and individual advocacy and support plans.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of IT systems including personal information and case management systems, data collection and Office 365.
- Tertiary studies in human services.
- Experience and knowledge of family tracing or the ability to obtain competence in this.
- Experience in supporting people accessing their childhood records from institutions.
- Previous experience in working with people who experienced childhood abuse in institutional settings.
- Driver’s license
- Blue Card
- Disability Positive Notice Card
What’s on Offer
An incredible opportunity to help those most in need whilst being rewarded with a salary commensurate with your experience. This position is paid under the Queensland Transitional Pay Equity Order (TPEO).
What’s the next Step?
If you’re interested in this role and have met all the criteria above, click “apply” to forward an up-to-date copy of your cv, or call us now.