The role is for a qualified Gold Room Operator with experience in gold processing and operations including the Elution and Gravity circuits.
- Permanent role with a growing, progressive company
- High performing team
- Lifestyle roster 8:6 BIBO
Minjar Gold is a privately owned Australian gold explorer, developer and producer who has been operating since 2009 and is focused on gold exploration and production in both Western Australia and Queensland. With its flagship project located at Marvel Loch, the company holds a tenement package in excess of 1,400km2 with significant exploration potential and a gold processing facility. Due to exciting growth in our Western Australian operations, we are seeking to recruit a Gold Room Operator to join our Processing team at our Southern Cross operation.
About the role:
Reporting to the processing Principal Metallurgist, the Gold Room Technician contributes to the optimised performance of fixed plant operations by safely recovering gold from the gravity circuit, controlling the stripping and electro-winning process, conducting the gold pours, reactivating carbon, enforcing the security policy and managing the TSF and plant water storage.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of seven years of experience in a gold processing plant with previous experience that will include a minimum of three years’ experience in the gold room including the Elution and Gravity circuits.
Essential qualifications include:
- Ability to safely and competently operate the Gravity, Elution and Gold room sections.
- Experience with Dewatering and managing Tailings Storage Facilities
- Excellent communication skills and effective planning and organisational skills
- High focus on quality control with the ability to adhere to systems and procedures.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Current WA Manual Drivers Licence
- Computer literacy including MS Outlook, Excel, Word and competent in using Distributed Control Systems.
- Loader, Bobcat and Forklift ticket
- Dogging ticket
- Working at heights ticket
- Experience in Pronto software
- Confined spaces ticket/Gas testing
With a competitive remuneration package and a challenging work environment with a growing, vibrant company where your skills can make a difference, this is a great opportunity to join this high performing, close knit Processing team and to play a crucial role in developing a culture where safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of everything that we do.
If you feel you have the skills, qualifications and experience necessary, you can apply now by clicking on the apply button below.
Only candidates with the rights to work and reside in Australia will be considered for this role.
We respectfully request no agency submissions.