Scrum Master/ BA - Technical Role

Revolution IT Pty Ltd

6 Month Initial Contract - Sydney CBD Based - AWS Data Lake Project - Scrum Master Role with up to 20% BA Tasks

  • Sydney CBD Based
  • 6 Month Initial Contract with View to Extend Beyond 12 Months
  • Scrum Master Role with up to 20% BA Tasks - Data Lake Project
About the Company:
Revolution IT is a leading quality management consulting firm. With a foundation in independent test management services, we have been a trusted partner to over 800 clients – helping to ensure their technology works as expected. Our specialist practices span: Agile, DevOps, ALM, PPM, Automation, Crowdsourced Testing, Performance, Experience Design, Cyber and Application Security, Data Engineering and Analytics, Software Training and more.
  
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master that has worked on complex technical projects and that has experience working as a Business Analyst.   You will be assisting the AWS Data Architect with date pipelining and ETL aspects on a large Data Lake project.
  
80% of this role will focus on Scrum Master duties while the other 20% will include BA tasks.  This is in initial 6-month contract with a view to extend beyond 12 months based in the Sydney CBD.
  
Role Responsibilities Include:
  • You will be responsible for facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings
  • You will be working in fast paced Agile environment and will need to have clear and friendly communication in order to hold the team together
  • Responsible for forecasting the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration
  • Will need to be an expert in estimation and planning
  • Responsible for creating useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects
  • Should be a good coach in Agile practice as you will coach individuals and interactions over processes and tools
  • Responsible for helping the team and individuals to clarify goals and actions to achieve them
  • Ability to shield your team from outside distractions and interferences
  • Ability to ensure the correct use of scrum process
  • Ability to track and remove impediments
  • Help the product owner make product backlogs in good shape and make them ready for the next sprint
MUST HAVE Skills
  • Experienced with AWS cloud services
  • Knowledge of SQL, Python or Shell Scripting with a strong focus on SQL
  • Experience working as a Business Analyst and prepared to work a role with 80% Scrum Master responsibilities and up to 20% BA tasks
  • Experience managing the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology
  • Experience to removing the impediments for the scrum team
  • Experience arranging daily stand-up meetings, facilitate meetings, schedule meetings, demo and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation processes
  • Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban and XP
  • Good skills to coach team how to follow agile scrum, which really work
  • Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices
  • Knowledge of other Agile approaches, like Kanban, Crystal, FDD and XP
  • Knowledge about other methodologies other than Agile-Scrum
  • Knowledge of Agile techniques like User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing and Agile Games
  • Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity and user stories
  • Familiar with common development practices, Service oriented environments and Agile practices