Are you an experience FInance Manager looking for an exciting opportunity? If so look no further we have the role for you!
We are one of Australia’s oldest and largest providers of open and distance learning. Established in 1910, we have delivered education and training to more than 700,000 Australians. We are part of Vanta Education Group. Vanta Education Group is one of the world’s leading education companies.
Today, we deliver a diverse portfolio of accredited and unaccredited courses spanning health care, community services, business and management, finance and accounting, technology and design. We focus on meeting the needs of adult learners by providing high-quality learning experiences that are flexible, accessible and affordable.
The Finance Manager will be a passionate and experienced individual with direct experience in financial accounting, statutory reporting as well as financial systems development and process improvements.
This position will report to the Financial Controller. The Finance Team is part of the Corporate Services Division (the other components being Facilities, Technology and Systems, People & Culture and Legal & Compliance).
The Finance Manager will need to be a detail oriented, hands-on manager with detailed knowledge and experience in establishing effective financial management systems and processes.
- Develop and implement financial policies for the Group in line with Board expectations
- Responsible for closing the month and preparation of the file to be submitted to Head Office as per the month-end calendar
- Responsible to adherence to the new accounting standards
- Close monitoring of the bad debt and write off policy
- Ensure standard procedures and business systems are in place to provide financial accountability
- Ensure operating costs are monitored, controlled and recorded in the right period.
- Ensure that revenue is allocated correctly, taking corrective action where inconsistencies arise
- Ensure accurate and timely financial planning, reporting, analysis and cost / risk management
- Ensure legislative compliance, including regulations, taxation obligations, and audit requirements
- Assist the Financial Controller in managing the annual audit and statutory reporting process
- Manage the Accounts Payables and the Financial Accounting team
- Extensive experience (+5 years) in financial accounting and statutory reporting
- Extensive knowledge of Acts, Tax, Regulations and Accounting Standards relating to financial accounting and management
- Exceptional communicator with high-level analytical, influencing & organisational skills
- Can do attitude and excel in fast paced environments
- Motivated, passionate and pro-active
- Relevant qualifications in Finance or Accounting (essential)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Accountants or Australian Society of CPA's (essential)
- Postgraduate qualifications in Business, Finance, Accounting or Education (desirable)
- Experience with Navision accounting system
Please note that only applicants with full Australian working rights will be considered. Moreover, please be aware that it is a requirement of this position that extensive background checks are conducted. The background check process includes reference checks and validation of employment; proof of qualifications; proof of rights to work in Australia; and for specific roles, police and ID checks. We look forward to receiving your applicant