The Kitchen Appliance Technician performs service and mechanical repairs on all commercial kitchen equipment and appliances
The Kitchen Appliance Technician performs service and mechanical repairs on all commercial kitchen equipment and appliances; maintenance replacement of parts for preventive maintenance schedule and accurately record all pertinent data.
- Install new kitchen and refrigeration equipment and systems when required.
- Maintains, service and repair of refrigeration units, walk-in refrigerators and freezers and or Hot kitchen equipment.
- Test assigned equipment and appliances to ensure its proper functioning
- Analyze electrical circuit diagrams and test circuits to identify any short-circuit.
- Assemble new or reconditioned appliances and disassemble appliances so that problems can be diagnosed, and repairs can be made
- Service and repair domestic electrical and/or gas appliances such as clothes washers, refrigerators, stoves, and dryers
- Receive and complete work orders.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed on appliances.
- Maintain stocks of parts used in on-site installation, maintenance, and repair of appliances.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Observes safety rules and ensures and maintains a safe and clean environment
- Detect needed repairs on equipment following established inspection procedures and reports.
- Evaluations by providing guidance and ensuring overall consistency and completion with the process.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in the commercial kitchen equipment maintenance or installation.
- High School or Diploma in Refrigeration, Electrical / Mechanical or Engineering.
- Must have experience in installation or maintenance of: Walk in freezers\chillers, under counter chillers\freezers, ice machines, display cabinets, Dish washing machines, Gas fryers, ovens, grills, solid top, woks, fry tops, Salamanders, fryer, ovens, grills, holding cabinets, steamers, microwaves.
- Must have manufacturers specific training in a minimum of five basic equipment ranges
- Computer literate. Experience of asset management programming.
- Good Communication in both spoken and written English.