Join a Reputable and Progressive Company with an opportunity to join the Townsville team. 2 x Part-Time Roles (48/hours per fortnight) - Townsville
- Supportive and Collaborative Team
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Part-Time Positions (up to 48/hours per fortnight) – Townsville Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the role:
We have an opportunity for two Medical Secretaries to join our day hospital located in Townsville (one on a permanent part-time and one on a 12 month contract part-time basis). The overall purpose of this position is to provide secretarial and reception support to medical practitioners; and provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers. These roles report to the Administration Manager and operate in a part time basis, working Monday to Friday to support the needs of the unit.
- Patient admission and discharge procedures
- Administration & billing duties
- Health fund checks
- Customer service
- Support the VMO’s practice
- Quality and risk management
- Workplace Health & Safety
About the person we’re going to hire:
We are looking for experienced Medical Secretaries with outstanding customer service to join our team. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Professional, efficient and friendly manner both over-the-phone and face-to-face
- Outstanding team member qualities including willing to support your colleagues through your flexibility as required
- Ability to work efficiently with attention to detail
- Current drivers license
- Proficient use of Microsoft Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to provide timely, polite and professional receptionist, secretarial and administration services in a way consistent with Icon’s Mission & Values
- Completion of Medical Receptionist Course or equivalent industry experience
- 3 years relevant professional medical / clinical secretarial experience including use of electronic practice management systems
- High level of verbal communication skills shown in effectively dealing with difficult and sensitive issues
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and successful development of sound long term relationships with external and internal customers.
- Experience with health fund billing and eclipse billing
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a progressive and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. A cover letter and resume must be attached.