Permanent Part-Time Position - 17 hours/fortnight| Auchenflower, Brisbane Location QLD
Medical Records Clerk/ Clinical Services Attendant – Wesley - Auchenflower, Brisbane QLD
About the role:
We currently have a wonderful opportunity for an experienced medical records clerk to join our Wesley team (working at the Wesley - Auchenflower) in the dual role of Medical Records/ Clinical Services Attendant. The overall purpose of this position is to support the delivery of clinical administration by maintaining medical records, delivering patient refreshments, maintaining a clean and safe day hospital environment and providing basic administration support through the preparation and filing of medical records. In this role, you will report to the Administration Manager. This role will operate in a permanent part-time capacity, working approximately 17 hours per fortnight Monday and Wednesday 8am – 5pm.
- Provide medical records support for the Day Hospital Administration team including use of electronic systems e.g. scanning and filing of medical records
- Timely and accurate scanning of patient correspondence into the electronic file
- Preparation of medical records for inpatient hospital admissions and outpatient appointments
- Sorting and filing medical records in filing bays or compactus
- Maintaining the records and assisting in culling of records from primary to secondary storage
- Maintain a clean environment and action facility maintenance tasks as required.
Skills & Experience:
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Professional, efficient and friendly manner both over-the-phone and face-to-face
- Your ability to be a genuine team player willing to support your colleagues as required
- Ability to communicate with patients in a friendly, compassionate and caring manner
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with strong attention to detail
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs
- Clerical or Administrative experience within a healthcare setting would be beneficial
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, dynamic work environment with career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below a covering letter and resume must be attached.