Progressive Company with Far Reaching Opportunities| Comprehensive Cancer Care Centre| Mackay QLD Location
Nurse Manager – Icon Cancer Centre Mackay, QLD
- A dynamic and supportive work environment
- Professional development opportunities
- Integrated Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology, Haematology, & Pharmacy service
- Permanent Full-Time Position - MacKay Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We are seeking experienced applicants for the Nurse Manager position. This full-time role will see you managing nursing functions across both our 8-chair medical oncology day hospital and our single lin-ac radiation oncology unit. You will be responsible for ensuring quality patient outcomes through the delivery of exceptional patient care.
- Ensure practice is compliant with regulatory requirements
- Work with the Site Manager to continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience; as well as effectively manage resources and optimise workflow management processes
- Manage the processes of recruiting, retaining and developing staff
- Manage Nursing inventory appropriately
- Contribute expert advice and share contemporary nursing knowledge and professional standards
About the person we’re going to hire:
To enable our Cancer Centre to deliver an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors, we are seeking candidates who have proven leadership ability. The right candidates will be those who meet the technical criteria of the role, consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation and in addition, possess a flexible and a ‘can-do’ attitude. If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast paced environment and are passionate about providing exceptional patient care, we want to hear from you.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Skills & Experience:
- Licence to practice as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Currently Chemo competent with advanced clinical skills preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of cancer care and modes of service delivery
- Experience in leading a team in a clinical environment
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and guide others
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service ethic
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.