Expand Your Career in a Progressive Far Reaching Organisation| Permanent Full-time Position at our Gold Coast site| Take on a Pivotal Role
Senior Radiation Therapist – Gold Coast, QLD
- Delivering the latest in Radiation Therapy techniques
- Friendly and dynamic team environment
- Permanent Full-Time Position – Gold Coast QLD Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide opportunities within an ideal environment to develop your experience, and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Senior Radiation Therapist looking for a challenge, to join our innovative and dynamic team at our Gold Coast Centres. This position will operate in a permanent full-time capacity, working 76 hours per fortnight, Monday to Friday. Reporting to the Clinical Lead Radiation Therapist, you will provide high quality radiation therapy planning and treatment as prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist.
- To support the Clinical Lead and Charge Radiation Therapist of the unit.
- Support in the operational management of planning and treatment.
- To act as a technical resource and provide leadership to junior staff.
- To clinically implement planning and treatments as directed by the Radiation Oncologist that best meet the patient’s needs.
- Ensure adherence to departments protocols and procedures to deliver safe and efficient service with exceptional patient care.
- To assist in the support, orientation, education and mentoring of intern, PCP and student radiation therapists rostered to the unit.
About the person we're going to hire:
To ensure our Gold Coast Cancer Centres deliver exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors; we are seeking candidates who consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation and in addition, flexibility and a 'can-do' attitude. We are looking for someone who is highly enthusiastic, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits with the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong understanding of the service delivery models within the private healthcare sector.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and plan checking in a range of radiotherapy techniques.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care
- Demonstrable capacity to work effectively and positively as a member of the Multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of high quality radiation therapy services.
- Ability to adhere to clinical protocols and procedures.
- Apply effective communication and interpersonal skills to represent Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders.
- Current AHPRA radiation therapist registration
- Current Radiation License to use a radiation source
Working at our Gold Coast Site:
ICON has two centres on the Gold Coast at the Gold Coast University Hospital and Gold Coast Private Hospital. We are proud to offer a unique patient centric model of care and are committed to providing better access to quality care for patients with use of the following equipment:
- ICON Gold Coast University Hospital is equipped with Elekta Linear Accelerators delivering advanced treatment and imaging techniques including Stereotactic radiotherapy and uses Mosaiq patient information management system
- ICON Gold Coast Private Hospital has a Varian True Beam Linear Accelerator delivering advanced treatment and imaging including Hyperarc and Stereotactic radiotherapy with ARIA patient information management system
- Eclipse treatment planning system
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. A covering letter and resume must be attached.