Join a Supportive and Collaborative Team Environment| Gain Exposure to a Variety of Health Administration Applications| Tennyson Centre, Adelaide
Administration Officer – Tennyson, Adelaide
- Join a Reputable and Progressive Organisation
- Friendly and Dynamic Team Environment
- 1 Permanent (Full-Time) and 1 Contract (Full-Time) Position Available – Tennyson Centre, Adelaide Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the role:
We have an opportunity for two Administration Officers to join our Centre located in Kurralta Park. The overall purpose of these positions are to provide efficient, effective and responsive administration services; ensuring delivery of exceptional standards to customer service for patients, Visiting Medical Officers, Nurses and all other internal and external Contacts. The roles report to the Administration Manager and operate in a full-time capacity (one position is a 7 month contract the second position is a permanent role).
- Reception Services
- New patient information administration
- Admission and Readmission
- Patient Charges Coordination
- Administration Relating to Medical Officers and Management team.
- Medical records management
- Filing and scanning of documentation
About the person we're going to hire:
We are looking for experienced Administration Officers with outstanding presentation and customer service skills to join our team. We are looking for someone who is proactive, personable and enthusiastic about the role. If you have a keen interest in working in a hospital administrative role, we'd love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- 3 years experience in a front line administration role including the use of electronic management systems. An understanding of Medicare and health insurance funds would be an advantage.
- Windows (or similar) programs e.g. Email, Word
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively in a team environment and plan, coordinate and organise workloads to achieve quality patient service outcomes in a timely manner
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication and collaborative problem solving skills when managing difficult and sensitive issues with team members, patients and their families, VMOs and other customers
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as a team member, supporting the Icon values to achieve Vision and Mission of Icon
- Ability to establish successful customer relationships with team members, patients, doctors and other customers by ensuring needs and expectations are understood and managed in a timely and effective manner thereby enhancing clinical services
- Ongoing development of skills and knowledge by participating in training and development programs to ensure competence to meet operational needs, achieve strategic goals and engage team members in their work
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, dynamic work environment with career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below a covering letter and resume must be attached.