Career Progression and Professional Development| Patient Focussed Organisation| Chermside, Brisbane Location
Site Manager - Icon Cancer Centre, Chermside (Brisbane) QLD Location
- Successful and Progressive Company
- Dynamic and Supportive Team
- Chermside (Brisbane), QLD – Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About our Chermside Site:
Icon Cancer Centre Chermside is a stand-alone site situated in the Chermside Medical Complex. It is a Medical Oncology and Haematology day hospital with 28 treatment areas, and a consulting suite of over 15 Visiting Medical Specialist. The delivery of outstanding care to our patients is only achieved with the wonderful team on site consisting of Nurses, Administration staff and Pharmacists.
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity exists to lead the team, based at the Icon Cancer Centre in Chermside. The primary purpose of the role is to provide the site with local leadership across the multidisciplinary team to ensure the daily provision of safe, efficient and quality medical oncology and haematology services. The Site Manager will also be required to drive strategic business initiatives and make a key contribution toward developing a high performance culture that is in alignment with the vision and values of the organisation. The role will report to the State Manager (QLD) with the direct responsibility of operational management of the site.
- Responsible for providing effective leadership and management to the multidisciplinary team
- Establish and maintain the highest standards and continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience
- Apply effective resource and workflow management strategies to optimise quality, efficiency and productivity
- Build and maintain a high performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient centric and collaborative approach
- Develop plans for improvement and innovation in service delivery
About the person we're going to hire:
To ensure our Chermside site delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors, we are seeking candidates who consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation and in addition, flexibility and a 'can-do' attitude.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Skills and Experience
This is a frontline management position and you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Strong understanding of the service delivery models within the private healthcare sector
- Experience in a management role in a healthcare organisation with a demonstrated consultative leadership style
- Capacity to lead enthusiastically, communicate effectively and manage people while balancing the delivery of safe quality patient care with the varying and/or conflicting demands of stakeholders
- Financial, analytical and business planning capabilities in a service delivery framework where KPIs are used to manage and achieve performance outcomes
- Ability to engage team members in delivering safe quality cancer care services in a highly regulated and dynamic environment
- Strong commitment to team member development facilitated through assessment, learning and development programs
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Health-related qualification
- Advanced level clinical knowledge and skills in managing patients requiring medical oncology services
- Current AHPRA Registration
- Undergraduate or post graduate qualification in management/business (desirable)
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below a covering letter and resume must be attached.