Fantastic career opportunity for a Radiation Therapist | Provide exemplary patient care and radiation therapy services | Mackay Location
- State of the Art Equipment – Successful and Expanding Company
- Supportive and Collaborative Team Environment
- Permanent Full-Time Position – Mackay Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Radiation Therapist to join our innovative and dynamic team in Mackay. The primary purpose of the position is to provide quality radiation therapy planning and treatment as prescribed by a Radiation Oncologist. This role reports to the Site Manager and will be rostered to work 76 hours per fortnight.
- Deliver high quality radiation therapy planning and treatment services to patients.
- Maintain the highest standards of patient care and continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience
- Liaise with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure patient needs are met in a timely manner
- Treat all patients and their carers with respect and equality maintaining dignity at all times
About the people we’re going to hire:
Our dynamic and innovative teams collaborate closely to maintain a team focus on providing cutting edge radiation therapy techniques. We are looking for someone who is highly enthusiastic, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of high quality radiation therapy services
- Apply effective communication and interpersonal skills to represent Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders.
- Ability to adhere to clinical protocols and procedures.
- Valid General Registration with AHPRA as a radiation therapist
- Valid Queensland Health license to use a radiation source
- Adequate professional indemnity insurance as required by AHPRA
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. A covering letter and resume must be attached.
As part of the Icon Group; Icon Cancer Care, Radiation Oncology Centres (ROC) and Icon Cancer Centre deliver the best possible care, closer to home for local communities. In the coming months, we will bring our three cancer care brands together, transitioning ROC and Icon Cancer Care across Australia to Icon Cancer Centre; reflecting the depth of our cancer care expertise across our national network.