Exciting and Innovative Workplace| Beautiful Regional Location| Warrnambool, VIC Location
Clinical Lead/Charge Radiation Therapist - Icon Cancer Centre, Warrnambool, VIC
- Develop your Career within a Successful and Expanding Company
- Join Australia’s Largest Provider of Specialist Cancer Care
- Be Part of a Values Driven Organization who Nurtures and Empowers our People
- Permanent Position - Warrnambool, VIC Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
Depending on experience we are seeking a Clinical Lead/Charge Radiation Therapist to join our innovative and dynamic team. The primary purpose of this role will be to provide advanced level clinical expertise to ensure high quality radiation therapy treatment. This position will contribute towards developing and upholding a high-performance culture that is in alignment with our vision and values. Based at our new Warrnambool, South West Regional Cancer Centre this role reports to the Site Manager and operates in a full-time capacity, working 76 hours per fortnight.
- Provide effective leadership and management to the Radiation Therapist team.
- Provide expert clinical advice to Radiation Therapists and support Multidisciplinary Team decisions.
- Establish and maintain the highest standards and continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience.
- Ensure suitable training and support services are effectively provided to the Radiation Therapists.
- Apply effective resource and workflow management strategies to optimise quality and efficiency and productivity.
- Exhibit strong decision-making abilities.
- Ensure the operational and administrative functions that relate to the relevant unit, including staffing and equipment management, are undertaken in an effective, efficient manner.
- Provide recommendations for service quality improvements to the Site Manager.
About the person we're going to hire:
To ensure our Warrnambool site delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors, we are seeking candidates who consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation and in addition, flexibility and a 'can-do' attitude.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated commitment to the delivery of high-quality radiation therapy services and customer service
- Demonstrable capacity to work effectively and positively as a member of the Multidisciplinary team
- Ability to adhere to clinical protocols and procedures.
- Apply effective communication skills to represent Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to identify new quality improvement opportunities, implement and ensure adherence to clinical protocols.
- Ability to engage team members in delivering safe quality cancer care services in a highly regulated and dynamic environment
- Current AHPRA Radiation Therapist Registration
- Eligible for Victorian DHHS registration for Radiation Use License
- Advanced clinical knowledge and skills in managing patients requiring Radiation Therapy services
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. A covering letter and resume must be attached.