Manage the development of our residential life program, pastoral care and student events! Lead a team of Residential Advisors!
- Brand new building opening in January 2021
- Based in Auckland CBD
- Lead and develop a team of Residential Advisors
UniLodge is the leading provider of student accommodation in Australia and New Zealand and is currently in an exciting growth cycle as demand for our services is escalating globally. With a growing portfolio of over 75 properties, encompassing over 25,000 beds, it’s a very exciting time to join the UniLodge team!
About your new role
Our company is growing, and we are now seeking a Student Life Manager (referred to internally as Residential Life Manager) for Mayoral Drive Student Accommodation. This role will be responsible for assisting the managing of 700 beds at our purpose-built student accommodation complex.
The role is responsible for facilitating the coordination of our student residence as a community, with a particular emphasis on resident wellbeing, pastoral care, academic support and events management to our student cohort.
This role will work a 7-day rotating roster that includes days, afternoon and evening shifts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and support in the management and development of the Residential Life Program at the property.
- Manage a diverse and holistic calendar of events for residents while balancing core areas of support and resident interests.
- Provide exceptional service to all internal customers and associated organisations.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with University support services across campus to ensure the wellbeing of students.
- Recruit, train and manage a team of Residential Advisors, Senior Residents and Community Co-ordinators.
- Be an active member of the emergency response team during shift times and after-hours.
- Previous experience in a similar capacity with a focus on leadership and wellbeing in a University/youth environment.
- Evidence of tertiary studies that have provided the experience to fully understand the complexities of University life.
- Demonstrated experience in event management, including budgets, planning and implementation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to research and develop evidence-based programs and policies.
- Current First Aid certification or the ability to quickly acquire.
- Mental health first aid training would be advantageous
- Ability to provide evidence of a NZ Police Vetting
Although this is a role with some extended hours and lots of responsibilities, there are the added benefits of planning exciting events (think O Week, parties, cultural and sporting events, social, academic and mental health awareness activities), building great relationships with our residents and working in a vibrant and unique community.
We have a culture that’s built on trust and engagement and we go the extra mile to make your career at UniLodge as rewarding as possible. We'll provide you with:
- A great workplace culture with fun events and activities
- Acknowledgement, rewards and benefits
- A multicultural & diverse environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Development and career advancement opportunities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this exciting role, please click apply now and attach your cover letter and your CV!
While we take a look at your application, we encourage you to get to know us a little better through our website and various social media channels.
We are a 2020 Circle Back Initiative Employer – We commit to responding to every applicant.
***All final applicants for this position will be required to provide evidence of a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.