Front Office Reception role with a property management twist! Join our growing team at our brand-new property in Christchurch!
- On-campus at The University of Canterbury
- Market leading student accommodation provider
- New building opening in January 2021
UniLodge is the leading provider of student accommodation in Australia and New Zealand and is currently in an exciting growth cycle as demand for our services is escalating globally. With a growing portfolio of over 75 properties, encompassing over 25,000 beds, it’s a very exciting time to join the UniLodge team!
About your new role
Our company is growing, and we are now seeking a Front Office Receptionist (referred to as Customer Service Coordinator internally) to join the inaugural team at Tupuānuku in Christchurch. Opening in January 2021, Tupuānuku will be home to 500 students in the University of Canterbury’s brand new accommodation complex.
This exciting full-time opportunity will work a 7 day rotating roster that includes morning, day time and evening shifts between the hours of 8am and 11pm. This role will commence in January in preparation for a semester 1 2021 opening.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate the day to day front desk reception area.
- Checking in and out of our residents at the beginning and end of their tenancy.
- Assist with leasing and the ongoing property management of units.
- Conduct room inspections.
- Provide general administration support.
- Assist residents with enquiries related to their residency, studies, general needs and overall well-being.
- Liaise with third parties regarding building facilities management including maintenance, contract cleaners, security etc.
- Assist with the development of the Residential Life Program and events.
- Be an active member of the emergency response team during shift times and after-hours.
- Customer service experience in the accommodation industry.
- Experience with leasing and property management will be highly regarded.
- Experience in a University environment will be highly regarded.
- Previous experience with StarRez Property Management System will be well regarded.
- A focus on service and quality with the passion to deliver outstanding experiences.
- Be culturally aware and understanding of different cultures.
- Ability to provide evidence of a NZ Police Vetting.
We have a culture that’s built on trust and engagement and we go the extra mile to make your career at UniLodge as rewarding as possible. We'll provide you with:
- A great workplace culture with fun events and activities
- Acknowledgement, rewards and benefits
- A multicultural & diverse environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Development and career advancement opportunities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this exciting role, please click apply now and attach your cover letter and your CV!
We are looking for candidates with 'wow factor' so if you’d like to stand out from the crowd, feel free to upload a 60-second video response to the question - What does customer service mean to you?
While we take a look at your application, we encourage you to get to know us a little better through our website and various social media channels.
We are a 2020 Circle Back Initiative Employer – We commit to responding to every applicant.
***All final applicants for this position will be required to provide evidence of a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.