Look after the maintenance of our apartments, common areas and building exterior in our new building in Christchurch
- Based on campus at the University of Canterbury
- Market leading student accommodation provider
- Join our fun and friendly team!
UniLodge is the leading provider of student accommodation in Australia and New Zealand and is currently in an exciting growth cycle as demand for our services is escalating globally. With a growing portfolio of over 75 properties, encompassing over 25,000 beds, it’s a very exciting time to join the UniLodge team.
About your new role
Our company is growing, and we are now seeking a Maintenance Coordinator to join the inaugural team at Tupuānuku in Christchurch. Opening in January 2020, Tupuānuku will be home to 500 students in the University of Canterbury’s brand-new accommodation complex in Christchurch.
The key responsibilities of this role are to effectively and efficiently carry out maintenance of the apartments, common areas and building exterior
This is full-time role over a Monday to Friday roster and is a great opportunity to join our growing UniLodge portfolio.
Day to day Duties
- General repairs such as plumbing, light bulb changes, painting, plastering and carpentry
- General investigative work to ascertain potential issues.
- Assist in the effective operations of the building and its compliance to OH&S requirements.
- Maintain the gardens and conduct grounds maintenance as required.
- Provide assistance in a professional and efficient matter to customers.
- Coordinating Trade related contractors as required
- Ensure maintenance equipment is in perfect working order
- Experience with property maintenance and preventative maintenance programs in a residential environment or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in general property and grounds maintenance and repairs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You must be physically fit, have a get-up-and-go attitude and be someone who won’t stop until the job is completed in a safe and presentable manner.
- Ability to provide evidence of a New Zealand Police Vetting.
We have a culture that’s built on trust and engagement and we go the extra mile to make your career at UniLodge as rewarding as possible. We'll provide you with:
- A great workplace culture with fun events and activities
- Acknowledgement, rewards and benefits
- A multicultural & diverse environment
- Employee Assistance Program
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this exciting role, please send a 1-page cover letter and your CV now!
While we take a look at your application, we encourage you to get to know us a little better through our website and various social media channels.
We are a 2020 Circle Back Initiative Employer – We commit to responding to every applicant.
***All final applicants for this position will be required to provide evidence of a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.