Assist with customer service and ongoing property management at our 300 bed purpose built student accommodation complex.
- Based on campus at James Cook University
- Market leading student accommodation provider
- Join our fun and friendly team!
UniLodge is the leading provider of student accommodation in Australia and New Zealand and is currently in an exciting growth cycle as demand for our services is escalating globally. With a growing portfolio of 72 properties, encompassing over 20,000 beds, it’s a very exciting time to join the UniLodge team!
About your new role
We are on the lookout for a Front Office Receptionist (called Customer Service Coordinator internally) at UniLodge John Grey Hall in Cairns. This newly opened property is an on-campus property at James Cook University and is home to 300 students.
This role is a unique mix of property management from a leasing perspective and hotel front office receptionist duties. It will give you a great opportunity to learn new skills in a supported learning environment. This is a full-time role over a Monday to Friday roster and provides an excellent opportunity to develop your skills in student accommodation.
Day to day duties:
- Operate the day to day front desk reception area
- Leasing and the ongoing property management of units
- Conduct property inspections
- Provide general administration support
- Assist residents with enquiries related to their residency, studies, general needs and overall well-being
- Liaise with third parties regarding building facilities management including maintenance, contract cleaners, security etc
- Customer service experience in the accommodation industry
- Previous experience with StarRez Property Management System or similar, will be well regarded
- A focus on service and quality with the passion to deliver outstanding experiences
- Be culturally aware and understanding of different cultures
- Ability to provide evidence of a National Police Check and Working with Children’s check.
- Ability to acquire/ or currently holds a First Aid Certification
As a member of the UniLodge team, you are our most valuable asset and we want to do whatever we can to help you achieve and feel valued.
We’ll provide you with:
- A culture that is friendly, fun and collaborative
- Acknowledgement, rewards and benefits
- A multicultural and diverse environment
- Competitive remuneration and annual salary reviews
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this exciting role, please send through a one (1) page cover letter and your CV now!
We are looking for candidates with 'wow factor' so if you’d like to stand out from the crowd, please upload a 60-second video cover letter responding to the question - what does customer service mean to you?
While we take a look at your application, we encourage you to get to know us a little better through our website and various social media channels.
***All final applicants for this position will be required to provide evidence of a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.