To support our continued growth, we are searching for a Piping Supervisor (Mechanical) to join the team in our Tanami location, on a fulltime basis
Valmec is a national energy and infrastructure services group, delivering packaged equipment, construction, maintenance, commissioning and integrity maintenance services across Australia. We are an Australian-owned and managed company, an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and enhancing our employees’ capabilities, and providing a safe and rewarding working environment.
Delivering value for our clients and customers is the foundation of our approach to servicing our markets. Our guiding principle is clear - provide quality results through safety, innovative solutions, strong relationships and focused personnel.
To support our continued growth, we are searching for a Piping Supervisor (Mechanical) to join the team in our Tanami location, on a fulltime basis.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will be required to oversee the installation of a 32km DN280 HDPE Pipeline and ensuring the work is completed to a high standard with regarding to quality, safety and timeliness. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to prioritise their workload.
We will offer the right candidate the opportunity to work in our developing culture and organisation. Along with the potential to be a part of Australia’s prominent energy, resources and infrastructure industry, an attractive salary is on offer for the successful candidate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar position within the infrastructure sector
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with pipework installation including HDPE
- Demonstrated understanding of implementing HSE procedures and promoting a safety culture onsite
- Experience in managing both subcontractors and employees onsite
- Developed understanding of QA and QC process and implementation onsite
- A strong work ethic with a positive attitude to learning and development
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Intermediate computer skills with a working knowledge of the entire Microsoft Office package
- Be willing to work a FIFO 4:2, transitioning in to a 2:1 in the future
As a part of the recruitment process you may be required to complete pre-employment screening including but not limited to a Medical, National Police Clearance and Working Rights Check.
If you feel you have the qualifications, skills and experience necessary, and this sounds like a company you would like to be involved with, please submit a covering letter and resume clicking on the ‘Apply’ button.
Applications for this role close on Friday 29th May 2020
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date