Boutique Freight Forwarder located in Perth's southern suburbs has a rare opportunity to join their management team in a permanent full-time capacity
- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Onsite parking and close to public transport
- Excellent remuneration package to reflect experience
Our client’s WA operations is located in Perth’s southern suburbs close to the iconic port suburb or Fremantle. As a boutique and established Freight Forwarder, they pride themselves in offering their clients a unique band of services whilst providing a superior level of client satisfaction and transparency throughout their dealings.
Due to the continued growth in their business, they view the role of the Finance and Administration Manager as key to the ongoing success to their organisation. This opportunity will see the day-to-day in-house finance and administrative functions handled internally whilst working closely with the group accountants and senior management team. Reporting to the General Manager, the role will be responsible for the management of the finance functions for the business including month end and annual reporting and meeting compliance processes. Being proactive and reporting on a timely basis will be a key element for the success in the role.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Applicant will have overall responsibility for the finance management, covering the following areas:
- Manage the financial and administration areas in accordance with the company’s overall business and strategic objectives
- Maintain a culture of continuous review and improvement within the financial and administration areas
- Drive and develop improved reporting systems
- Maintain and respect high standards of professional conduct and confidentiality
- Monitoring and reporting of daily, weekly and monthly cash flow position
- Oversee transfer of funds including the management of overseas invoicing and reconciliation
- Support senior management in ensuring the financial management of WIP and related jobs is accurate, timely and effective
- Oversee the record keeping function of human resources
- Coordination of legal and commercial agreements with relevant parties
Successful Applicant Requirements:
- Previous accounting and finance experience with a particular reference to the Freight Forwarding sector
- Proven ability in preparing and interpreting financial reports, effective cash flow management
- Familiarisation with computerised systems to enable development of improved reporting systems to deliver effective and timely information to senior management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and Outlook; EDI or similar preferable
- Methodical, organised and planned approach
- Able to meet deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy
What our client values:
- Our client prides themselves on ensuring their ongoing relationships are driven by honesty within all areas of business.
- They maintain relationships with integrity that earns respect from everyone that deals with them.
- They strive to ensure their environment is a place that their employees want to remain as they work with and encourage staff to reach their full potential.
- Our client requires the pursuit of innovation, improvement and professional conduct in everything that they do.
To be considered for this opportunity please apply through the appropriate link or contact Tenille Zammit in our Impex Personnel Perth office on 1300 858 515 or email your application to email@example.com quoting Reference number 161713