To carry out corrective and preventative maintenance duties as part of the fleet team, utilising high level of technical skills
- Caboolture - Immediate Start
- 9 day fortnight
- Casual with potential for Full time
We are seeking a trade qualified Heavy Vehicle Mechanic/Diesel Fitter for a North Brisbane Council in a casual role.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing regular preventative and corrective maintenance to fleet vehicles, plant equipment and other assets.
- Performing vehicle repairs and servicing.
- Steel fabrication and welding work.
- Guiding apprentices and assisting in their learning.
- Keeping records up to date using computer applications relating to the servicing and maintenance of tasks performed.
- Correctly using and maintaining the provided plant and equipment including PPE, according to council policies and procedures.
- Maintaining good working relations and dealing cooperatively with members of the public and team members.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a trade certificate in either heavy vehicle Motor Mechanic /Diesel Fitter.
- Current HR Licence.
- Experience in conducting repairs and maintenance on light, medium and heavy vehicles, and also mobile plant equipment.
- Strong literacy, numeracy and computer skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience in determining safe working practices and contributing as an effective team member.
Occupant must hold or be willing to obtain within 12 months of appointment, a Queensland recognised Road Worthy Examiners Licence for Heavy Commercial up to 16t GVM, Light Commercial and Passenger and Heavy / Light Trailers.
APPLY ONLINE NOW!!!
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a National Police Check.