Are you a self-motivated individual who thrives on accountability and technological advancements within Fire Industry- come join a reputable company!
- Adelaide Location
- Training and development opportunities
- Competitive Salary and a Friendly Working Environment
BSA is a comprehensive technical services contracting company that has successful long-term relationships with our clients, founded upon a commitment to provide innovative, flexible solutions and a culture that promotes continuous improvement.
Our clients and their customers benefit from BSA’s highly skilled, experienced resources and a responsive Executive Management Team, sharing the same objectives and ensuring a consistent approach, with safety remaining central to every action performed. At BSA, we care about people and the environment. We acknowledge our environmental, social and community obligations, and this contributes to an ongoing focus on safety and sustainability.
BSA's geographic footprint stretches across 24 locations Australia-wide and growing.
About the Role:
We are currently looking for an experienced Fire Technician to join our friendly SA team based in Adelaide. The Fire Technician is a key member of the SA Fire Team and the key purpose of the role is to deliver trouble shooting, repairing and upgrading of all fire equipment. You will also provide recommendations for repair and upgrades of customer’s fire service equipment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Respond as nominated to service calls within customer SLA timeframes
- Accurately diagnose fire system failures and rectify these items as approved by client and business
- Deliver all works efficiently and within budget
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with clients and internal team members
- Working with key stakeholders to ensure our business meets our customer requirements with minimal supervision
- Ensuring the appropriate and timely use of hand held technology
- Identifying and working with the business to implement continuous improvement opportunities
- Attend to on call duties as per established roster
- Maintaining industry knowledge and keeping self-updated with changes
- Driving commitment to the highest standards of business code of conduct, aligned with expectations of ethical behaviour according to Company values
- Complying with Company and client Welfare, Health & Safety and Environment policies and procedures
- High level of technical aptitude for Detection systems
- Willingness to learn
- Collaborative style
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Current Australia Drivers licence
- White card preferred
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Electrician qualifications highly regarded
- Compliance to Customer SLA time-frames
- Delivery of completed works within budgeted revenue and margin as set by management
- Details received from customers via feedback from external and internal customers
If this position appeals to you please apply today clicking "Apply Now", remembering to include your resume & cover letter.
Please note that this position will be subject to mandatory pre-employment checks including a Police Check.