Project Manager - Land Development

Sonda Recruitment

Project Manage large sub-divisions across Victoria and work for a brand that's building a Victorian identity which makes it exciting to be a part of.

  • Welcoming office with a pleasant work environment
  • Autonomy, flexibility, large corporate clients.
  • Salary circa $90k - $140k p/a depending on experience
The company
This consulting firm was established over 30 years ago. A highly reputable Melbourne group; they are known for their work in the sub-divisions sector (predominantly greenfield and brownfield work). Their close relationships with clients, forged over time and built on trust, puts them in a great position - whilst they are 'small', they are mighty.

The vacancy
This is a Project Management role suited to a Civil Engineer with a design background, who has perhaps already stepped away (or wishes to) from design and take a front role with clients and to look after projects at a more strategic level.

The role
You'll be working in an office of around 15 colleagues compromising civil engineers, designers, drafters and support staff. The role reports to a Project Director (also a company Director) yet the company overall firmly believes in accountability; teams are set up project by project and not into disciplines and you will manage your own portfolio, time frames and budgets. 

The role will see you spending perhaps 10% of your time in design at a high level, working with clients to produce new ideas that fit each unique situation. There are absolutely no cookie cutters here. Innovation is key. The other 90% of your time will be spent in project meetings and managing projects, contract administration, managing resources and client expectations.

Your qualifications and attributes
  • Engineering (Civil) degree essential.
  • Design background between 5 and 10 years essential, preferably in land development or the buildings sector. 
  • A keen interest in innovation – both on projects and within a business.
  • Enthusiasm for self-improvement and development
  • Eagerness to make communities more meaningful and public space more enjoyable
  • An open mind and an understanding that schedules and time frames change regularly. 
For more information or to apply
If you'd like to find out more, please call Miriam Taylor on 0447 042 897 or email miriam.taylor@sonda.com.au
  
Miriam has recruited in the engineering design space for 10 years. Her approach is respectful, insightful and professional. If you'd like to explore this or other options, or your career prospects in a more general manner, do call to discuss.