An excellent opportunity for an experienced trades qualified Sheet Metal Fabricator to join this great HVAC/R team
- Highly successful & innovative sheet metal fabrication company - HVAC/R
- Team-based culture
- Great opportunity for career development
Our client is an instantly recognised reputable organisation who manufactures, services and supplies industrial and commercial air conditioning, refrigeration and acoustic equipment to the Australasian market.
Due to internal restructuring, we are seeking a trades qualified and experienced Metal Fabricator - ideally with prior leadership experience in industrial assembly line operations. Working alongside the Air Products Supervisor and reporting to directly to the Production Manager, you will you will have the opportunity to use your skills, experience and initiative to improve operational efficiency whilst developing your own commercial acumen.
This is a day shift position where you will lead a production team of 15 across two shifts. There is a hands-on element to the role – approximately 20%; the balance of your time will be spent organising, planning and implementing manufacturing plans and improvement initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supervision of all staff allocated to the production of duct and acoustic products.
- Driving compliance with legislative and company safety rules and practices.
- Assisting with the preparation and implementation of standard operating procedures, employee training and assessments of competencies.
- Identifying, communicating and implementing initiatives to improve production efficiency and reduce production costs.
- Monitoring and reporting on progress against daily, weekly and monthly production plans
- Liaising with customers to co-ordinate delivery of finished product.
- Ensuring material costs and labour hours are correctly allocated to specific jobs and that jobs are closed in a timely manner with reviews of final job costings.
This is a great opportunity for an industry specialist, with proven leadership skills, who is seeking to make their own mark on a manufacturing operation whilst growing their own production management skills.
We are seeking a hardworking and talented person who has a grounded and ‘can-do’ attitude along with a positive and inclusive approach. You will also need to be enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills.
If you are interested to learn more about this great opportunity, please email your Resume via the link below to Linda Ford. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.