Exciting opp for a highly motivated & proven Technical Sales Professional with an in-depth understanding of Life Sciences Research & Manufacturing
- Join leading edge Life Sciences/Healthcare Distribution Company
- Promote premium products to niche client base covering Academia & R&D Sector
- Autonomous & client centric role; covering South Island
Our client is a highly successful and privately owned Australasian Scientific & Medical Distribution Company who specialise in the sale and support of cutting edge scientific and diagnostic products with applications across a diverse mix of Life Science Research and Development Sectors. They have an enviable reputation for promoting a diverse range of premium quality medical/healthcare and diagnostics product portfolios.
This is a rare and outstanding opportunity for a well-proven and highly effective Medical Salesperson with an in-depth knowledge of core life science/medical research streams, ideally in cell biology/oncology/diabetes, or, you have a tertiary qualification with research background (PhD) in these areas and are highly motivated to develop your technical sales career in a niche area where you will be promoting cutting edge products and solutions to a highly intellectual client base involving a mix of academia (80-90%) and commercial biotech sector.
Key components of the role include:
- Promote and sell the company’s product range to clients utilising your impressive technical acumen, complemented by your excellent relationship/sales skills.
- Effective territory management utilising the company’s CRM.
- Maintain and share product knowledge and technical competence received from researched information to clients in target product segments.
- Conduct and organise product demonstrations and trials in a professional and technically correct manner, coordinating such activities with Product Management and Application Support
- Keep abreast of the latest technological developments and market intelligence within the sector.
- Meet/exceed KPI’s as set out by the Business Unit Manager.
- Contribute to New Product Launches. Upskill in product knowledge/performance and attend Conferences/Seminars or other networking events to promote the company’s products.
- Tertiary Level Qualification, ideally a PhD in Cell Biology/Oncology/Diabetes or associated research areas, where you have gained a strong working knowledge of different instruments and research techniques.
- Proven sales experience within a highly specialised life science sector where you are able to demonstrate your achievements, knowledge, and ideally impressive foundation of existing relationships; or you may have a strong research background with a great personality and positive attitude combined with a genuine passion to develop a career in sales.
- Possess enviable communication and sound interpersonal skills, where your track record reflects you are a top sales performer with a personality, attitude and ethic that supports you to perform exceptionally and achieve great results in this specialist market.
- Commercially savvy with an innate ability to quickly read and engage with your client base where you are able to build strong and long-lasting relationships based on mutual respect.
- Able to quickly ascertain viable opportunities and understand business implications of actions.
- Ability to identify new opportunities, demonstrate financial awareness and accordingly devise a strategic and well thought out sales plan.
Our client identifies this role as a key and pivotal position within their business and provide superb and ongoing structured training in Australia & NZ. Accordingly, they offer an impressive remuneration package including a base salary, company vehicle and incentive. To maintain and build key relationships, there will be a reasonable amount of travel through South Island, NZ. You will have the flexibility to work from your home office based in South Island, ideally in Christchurch or Dunedin.
To find out more about this great opportunity please telephone in the first instance Pavan Benepal or Linda Ford on 09 5255520, or apply now with your Resume in WORD FOMAT quoting reference number 10/2008/PB to the link below. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.