Fantastic opportunity for a Packaging & Labelling Engineer to join a market leader in Medical Devices
- Innovative Biotechnology/Medical Device company
- State of the Art plant, high end products
- 12 month fixed term contract; immediate start available
This award Winning South Auckland Medical Device manufacturing company is undergoing further expansion. They have developed cutting edge tissue regeneration technology, with the main emphasis of the company being improvement of patient welfare, simplifying operating procedures and reducing healthcare costs. Currently they seek to appoint a Labelling and Packaging Engineer to coordinate the implementation of new artwork/packaging, changes to existing artwork/packaging and support new market activities. The Labelling and Packaging Engineer will be responsible for the successful design of artwork/packaging components and the associated processes to manufacture, as well as the overall final packaging. The Labelling and Packaging Engineer will work across departments and with external suppliers to achieve these goals.
This is a 12 month Fixed Term position, with the potential for an immediate start.
What are the main responsibilities of the role?
-Driving implementation of new artwork, labelling and packaging: Liaise across departments to ensure requirements are met. Perform process development activities. Work with commercial department to ensure growth markets are supported/compliant.
-Support manufacturing: drive changes to existing artwork and packaging, work with supply chain to manage inventory, manage commercial labelling databases (Microsoft Access), manage commercial labelling file (Bartender).
-Product development: Generate design outputs to meet pre-determined design inputs, generate labelling files using Bartender.
-Process development: Lead process development for packaging system, label creation, label printing, secondary packaging, and shipping. Lead validation efforts for process implementations
-Working with external suppliers and project teams; Building and maintaining superb, productive working relationships (internal and external)
-Maintaining high standards (within GMP) while handling a high volume of tasks
Who are you? What do you need to bring?
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in packaging engineering, mechanical engineering or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in a highly regulated industry, preferably medical device
- Specific experience in package design, packaging validation, and distribution testing
- An ability to think strategically and implement effective and efficient solutions
- Initiative, enthusiasm and flexibility.
- Prefer experience in a GMP environment
- A highly motivated, results driven attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally, you'll be available at short notice
Due to the immediate nature of the role and COVID-19 international travel restrictions, this opportunity would best suit a permanent resident or NZ citizen.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, apply online immediately with a CV and Cover letter in WORD format only, or call Gareth on 09 525 5520 ASAP for more information, quoting reference 11/2008/GR.